Breakfast in Hell down for maintenance

Mmmm... What's cookin in the kitchen?

Moderator: Lucifer

Phytotron
Formerly Oscilloscope
Location: A site or situation, especially considered in regard to its surroundings.

Post by Phytotron »

Lucifer wrote:So definitely keep me posted on a version of the game that'll run on your computer, Silly, because I'd like to switch to a new map as soon as possible after figuring out what the right feel of the server should be.
Well, I guess, really, you can also just keep a lookout for when nemo announces that it's been built to work on OS 10.2.8, presuming he might even make such an announcement. At the same time, you shouldn't feel like you should hold back the server just for me.
Lucifer
Project Developer

Post by Lucifer »

Don't worry too much, I'll probaby be several months in settings tweaks before I'm ready to commit to a new map. I want to make sure the gameplay is right before I switch to the map, I think the map influences play too much to be able to tell for certain.

And I don't mind holding it back for a time while waiting for players to upgrade. If the players *can* upgrade but choose not to, I won't wait for very long, but I'll give them a chance. But if the player can't, well, what do you do? You wait a longer time and see what happens, numerous variables. I certainly wouldn't mind giving you a friendly push towards upgrading if I thought upgrading your OS was a reasonable future possibility (like, within the next 4-6 months), but I don't know and I'm not asking. But I will eventually move on, I just want to make sure everyone who needs it has time to make whatever adjustments they need before doing so, that's all.

Be the devil's own, Lucifer's my name.
- Iron Maiden
Phytotron
Formerly Oscilloscope
Location: A site or situation, especially considered in regard to its surroundings.

Post by Phytotron »

Heh, no, I'm not going to pay for the OS upgrade. Can't afford it, and frankly don't think it's worth it. And actually, I'm not even sure 10.4 will work on my machine anyway.
Walking Tree
Match Winner

Post by Walking Tree »

go linux !
ubuntu has good ppc (IBM PowerPC, that includes G[345]) support.
debian has brilliant ppc support.
Fedora and SuSE support ppc
on the grid as ~free::zombie~
Fonkay
Match Winner

Post by Fonkay »

Off Topic:
luci wrote:Yeah, sorry Silly.
I'm glad Silly has taken, 'cause Oscilloscope is just too damn long.
Phytotron
Formerly Oscilloscope

Post by Phytotron »

Heh, actually I think you two and tard are the only ones who call me that. Anyone else usually calles me "osci" or "scope." Makes no difference to me, really.
Walking Tree
Match Winner

Post by Walking Tree »

did you post that before or after I called you silly on the grid ?
on the grid as ~free::zombie~
Phytotron
Formerly Oscilloscope

Post by Phytotron »

Before.
Lucifer
Project Developer

Post by Lucifer »

Alright, looks like Breakfast in Hell is back up and running. Please report any issues here. I'm already having an issue with rubber, it behaves like its on default settings. Wouldn't surprise me if it turns out that it is on default settings.

Edit: also looks like its not showing in the master server list, even more evidence that it's on default settings. I guess I'll go look.

Edit2: Looks like I was a bit premature in my announcement. All problems fixed now, the server's running again. (TnA's server is up now too, so go beat on it)

Be the devil's own, Lucifer's my name.
- Iron Maiden
hang3r
Core Dumper

Post by hang3r »

Ah thank god, breakfast in hell is back. (phun) thanks was missing it! I like the 180 prevention :lol: