Need a volenteer plz

Post here if you need help setting up your server, etc.
Invader
Average Program

Need a volenteer plz

Post by Invader »

I want to launch a network called I.N. for Invader Networkz...

I am on a mac and therefoe i cannot host a deticated server. So, I was wondering if someone would be kind enough and host it for me.

Plz reply :)
Tank Program
Forum & Project Admin, PhD

Post by Tank Program »

Why do you want to start a network?
Invader
Average Program

Post by Invader »

Because I want to have servers where ppl can vote here on what they want on each server....so everyone can contribute their peacie of advice on what they want. Therefore, everyone is happy :)
Tank Program

Post by Tank Program »

Vote? Like over the internet or ingame or something?
Invader
Average Program

Post by Invader »

Yes here on the internet. I can setup a site for the polls and comments etc. So they can comment on what they want even the name of the servers.
nicolas.b
Grid Clown
Location: west philly Quotation: "Everybody's stuck being a moderator, but me. Sweet!"

Post by nicolas.b »

as long as you don't feel the need to be in control, probably more pragmatic to find some arma servers that aren't being used much and offer your help to the owner. you could offer to setup a site / subforums for him, maintain it and attract users as long as you were permitted to make the changes based on the voting (as you mention). and the owner wins because through your hard work he has (after some little time) most likely one of the top arma servers on the net.

my 2¢
Prey4Me
Match Winner

Post by Prey4Me »

*prey quickly snatches up nico's 2 cents and runs off to spend it*
Tank Program

Post by Tank Program »

Prey4Me wrote:*prey quickly snatches up nico's 2 cents and runs off to spend it*
prey, that is a example of a totally useless comment, which has nothing todo with the current topic. we'd all like it if you'd consider posting some sort of useful comments, and slow down with the random useless post. you have been warned.
Invader
Average Program

Post by Invader »

as long as you don't feel the need to be in control, probably more pragmatic to find some arma servers that aren't being used much and offer your help to the owner. you could offer to setup a site / subforums for him, maintain it and attract users as long as you were permitted to make the changes based on the voting (as you mention). and the owner wins because through your hard work he has (after some little time) most likely one of the top arma servers on the net.
let me get this strate...you suggest that I help an owner with their servers with my voting idea (and setup a site up etc.) so that their server can become big.

Ill do it sure but, I need someone one who is willing to do it or hire me...so, can anyone think of anyone who would hire me to do work :P lol
nicolas.b
Grid Clown
Location: west philly Quotation: "Everybody's stuck being a moderator, but me. Sweet!"

Post by nicolas.b »

why are you calling it work, now? isn't that what you were planning to do in the first place? in the example i gave it seems to me both you and the owner win through cooperation. are you saying just because you might not be able to find someone to hand you total control it's not worth doing?

and have you checked the prices for PC's these days? you could probably pick up a used system for the price of a can of dogfood and then throw in a new AMD mother/CPU for under $150 easy. then get a router and share out your connection among your mac and the game server. i'm sure you'll have plenty of Q's, but plenty of helpful people around to answer your Q's.

ask tank about the resources he threw together to put up his own steady-connection forums and team server, while going to school and living in a foreign country. it doesn't get much more impressive than that. when i was 15 years old i wasn;t doing much more than picking my nose...

LOL, okay, i still am... :oops:
Invader
Average Program

Post by Invader »

im not calling it work....and no i dont need any control.

Ill just help anyone who wants it...
Invader
Tank Program

Post by Tank Program »

nicolas.b wrote:ask tank about the resources he threw together to put up his own steady-connection forums and team server, while going to school and living in a foreign country. it doesn't get much more impressive than that. when i was 15 years old i wasn;t doing much more than picking my nose...

LOL, okay, i still am... :oops:
I'm still am too, but that's besides the point. You know that I was running an armagetron server before 0.2.x? Seriously, this stuff just comes to me...
Invader
Average Program

Post by Invader »

Well.....Tank do you need any nelp?
Invader
nicolas.b
Grid Clown

Post by nicolas.b »

i was thinking about this, and my guess is there are probably no more than 5-10 really popular servers out there, and probably a couple dozen more that are maybe neglected or don't get the attention they need. someone maybe correct my figures, but i believe that's basically right.

now if there was a convenient way to contact those owners... Image
Invader
Average Program

Post by Invader »

ya there never online lol
Invader