Things I want backported to 0.2.6 [SPLIT]

What do you want to see in Armagetron soon? Any new feature ideas? Let's ponder these ground breaking ideas...
/dev/null
Shutout Match Winner

Things I want backported to 0.2.6 [SPLIT]

Post by /dev/null »

It puts a smile on my face to know you two in particular are working on it. You two have never done tron wrong.

I cant wait for the day I can click out of the tron window and it doesnt just stop responding till I click back into it.
Last edited by Z-Man on Tue Feb 03, 2015 4:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Clarification of thread title; it was chosen by this cheeky mod.
takburger
Match Winner

Re: What it is it going to take to make a .4 stable release?

Post by takburger »

/dev/null wrote: I cant wait for the day I can click out of the tron window and it doesnt just stop responding till I click back into it.
It is just an option in the cfg.
Z-Man
God & Project Admin

Post by Z-Man »

And in the video setup menu. "Keep Window Active" it is called, IIRC. If by "Responding" you mean "Updating", because of course it is not going to respond to your input if it does not have focus. We should probably change the default of that now. I can't even remember why it's off. Probably because in the olden days, multiple active OpenGL sessions rendering simultaneously often caused problems. They certainly did with 3dfx cards.
/dev/null
Shutout Match Winner

Post by /dev/null »

thats only useful if I use the current shitty dev version of tron. If I use the one that isnt a piece of shit, I dont get that option. SDL2 is the only version of that ive seen work as you claim it does.

It really does make me giggle about how you "devs" dont seem to play tron at all.
Z-Man
God & Project Admin

Post by Z-Man »

The option has been there for absolutely ever. Maybe it just moved. Maybe on your version, it's in the tweaks menu. Can't check now. I know it is there and works on latest stable because that's what I use to record ladles. And guess how I manage to somewhat keep up with proceedings without going crazy? I run the various clients side by side, all rendering at once. So shut it. This is a feature I use at least every month.

AND EVEN IF THIS WAS NOT THE CASE: This is the 0.4 thread, not the "things I want backported to 0.2.6" thread. Edit: Heh, it is now.
/dev/null
Shutout Match Winner

Re: Things I want backported to 0.2.6

Post by /dev/null »

fair point.
compguygene
Adjust Outside Corner Grinder

Post by compguygene »

Good luck convincing anybody to do any backporting to 0.2.6. It would have to be a benefit to more than one person. Also, most servers that people actually play in these days use settings that keep clients older than .2.8.2.1 from being allowed in.
Armagetron: It's a video game that people should just play and enjoy :)
https://bit.ly/2KBGYjvCheck out the simple site about TheServerPharm
Z-Man
God & Project Admin

Post by Z-Man »

Clarification: The thread title is mine and intentionally silly. It was split from one of the 0.4 threads.
compguygene
Adjust Outside Corner Grinder

Re: Things I want backported to 0.2.6 [SPLIT]

Post by compguygene »

Well, that truly is worth a chuckle! :lol:
Armagetron: It's a video game that people should just play and enjoy :)
https://bit.ly/2KBGYjvCheck out the simple site about TheServerPharm
Z-Man
God & Project Admin

Post by Z-Man »

That setting to enable rendering on inactive windows has indeed not been there forever. It's not in 0.2.6, anyway. So apologies for that.
Lucifer
Project Developer

Post by Lucifer »

Z-Man wrote:That setting to enable rendering on inactive windows has indeed not been there forever. It's not in 0.2.6, anyway. So apologies for that.
Well let's backport it, then!

I'll put it on my todo list. At this rate, I think I might have a testing version ready for /dev/null, let's see, I guess it'd be Christmas of 2025.

So, advanced happy holidays in 2025!

Be the devil's own, Lucifer's my name.
- Iron Maiden
/dev/null
Shutout Match Winner

Post by /dev/null »

its not in 2.8 either. And frankly the version of rubber 3 uses is ******* hilarious. No thanks.

And if 2.6 still worked, id still use it, I grow tired of you guys breaking the rubber code just for the **** of it.
Durf
Match Winner

Post by Durf »

/dev/null wrote:its not in 2.8 either. And frankly the version of rubber 3 uses is ******* hilarious. No thanks.

And if 2.6 still worked, id still use it, I grow tired of you guys breaking the rubber code just for the **** of it.
If you can provide any description other than "just play it and see", that might help pinpoint the exact issue (clearly you don't know what it is or you would have said it by now).
But enough complaining, we get that you think the rubber is broken, so do something worthwhile (useful) about it. Your complaints are old news.
Z-Man
God & Project Admin

Post by Z-Man »

From 0.2.8.3.2.
keepwindowactive.png