Bring back loose!

General Stuff about Armagetron, That doesn't belong anywhere else...

Bring back loose?!?!

Yes
32%
Maybe
No votes
No
68%

Total votes: 22

Luigi

Bring back loose!

Post by Luigi »

Hey guys idk if u know me but ima df'er and i think loose needs to be revived its a fun gamemode and its dead but alot of df'ers do still play they just play other modes but we should think about coming back to loose ;D
Word
Reverse Adjust Outside Corner Grinder

Re: Bring back loose!

Post by Word »

It would be really cool if Dog Fight was dead for good (see here), perhaps some good players return to Armagetron and the newbies actually learn how to grind and handle rubber from the start, and the whole culture is a different one. When does the funeral party begin and where's the champagne?! :)
takburger
Match Winner

Post by takburger »

There is nothing such as "loose".

If you tell me it is closed. I will tell you I am still alive and that means there was still rubber remaining in my bar and so there was still a way to out-dig me.

As word said, yes, if you want loose, play 0 rubber servers. :)

If you don't wanna get trapped, don't put yourself in such a situation. Some of the players in this community are known to never die even in ladle competition, because they never are trapped. Newbie for instance is one of them, if you look at him in competitions, he is never in danger yet always useful, that is such a skill that is hard to get: to know where to go. It is when you stop using your fingers and start using the brain :)
Luigi

Post by Luigi »

Im just saying loose df is still a gamemode like fort and sumo all the good loose players went to sumo but caint we still come back to loose for a lil bit?
bilbo baggins
Round Winner

Post by bilbo baggins »

rx still have loose servers as well as other ones popping about and some old dfers do play them from time to time.

@theo there is such a thing as loose, just not in sumo/fortress, the loose he is refering to is dogfight where the aim of the game is to kill your opponent without using rubber
sinewav
Graphic Artist

Post by sinewav »

bilbo baggins wrote:...the aim of the game is to kill your opponent without using rubber
...And the best way to do that is to play server with <= 1 rubber! Seriously. When loose/df players wander into AoT servers they are like "this is tunnel madness, cool!"
takburger
Match Winner

Post by takburger »

bilbo baggins wrote:rx still have loose servers as well as other ones popping about and some old dfers do play them from time to time.

@theo there is such a thing as loose, just not in sumo/fortress, the loose he is refering to is dogfight where the aim of the game is to kill your opponent without using rubber
The thing is that for me what is loose is different than for others. Because I'm like: cmon this tunnel is ok, and noobs be like : OMFG CLOSER!!!
Luigi

Post by Luigi »

bilbo got my point and rx still hosts loose servers but no ones on them! I play for hours by myself and when a player joins im like ;D but when i see them play there just another noob. I made this post to try to bring back loose because loose df is a very fun and competitive gamemode its more fun than anything but this is my opinion. Some of u wish loose was dead i used to hate loose at one point but now i love it and when i started to get good it died now all i can do is practice by myself it gets boring fighting a cpu.
|CPU|
On Lightcycle Grid

Post by |CPU| »

Luigi wrote: all i can do is practice by myself it gets boring fighting a cpu.
I'm that bad? Ha.
Serious though it would be nice to see full df servers (which happens every now and again).
: ( ) { : | : & } ; :
Luigi

Post by Luigi »

Sometimes but alot are nubs when people are on loose i allways on there
F0RC3
Core Dumper

Post by F0RC3 »

I don't really care either way if loose df gets more players or not as I don't play much df anymore, but its not like we make a vote and people start playing. People have to want to play it, and honestly most people don't want to play loose df anymore. Getting more people to play the game would probably be the best solution.
takburger wrote:There is nothing such as "loose".

If you tell me it is closed. I will tell you I am still alive and that means there was still rubber remaining in my bar and so there was still a way to out-dig me.
loose servers clearly exist. As long as you don't touch the walls it should be fine and qualify as loose. In loose dogfight backdooring is also not allowed.

That's not how things work in a server with medium to high rubber. Closing is entirely feasible in both of them. Do you know what a plug is tak? A plug will expend roughly 5 rubber, give or take a few rubber in an ordinary situation. This plug will then take a massive amount rubber to go through. More rubber than you can expend in a medium rubber server and in a hr server will take at least 5 seconds to out dig a plug for the most skilled person, most people would just flat out die though. If someone plugs you there isn't really an option of continuing forward, you either stay there or go back, continuing forward only means death.
takburger
Match Winner

Post by takburger »

Yes right on those moves only. But haven't you seen people getting mad because you 'closed them' and you thought it was way open ?
/dev/null
Shutout Match Winner

Post by /dev/null »

Dogfight can go die in a house fire.

Ill crush your ******* grinds.
Phytotron
Formerly Oscilloscope
Location: A site or situation, especially considered in regard to its surroundings.

Post by Phytotron »

Luigi wrote:Im just saying loose df is still a gamemode like fort and sumo all the good loose players went to sumo but caint we still come back to loose for a lil bit?
No, "loose/dogfight/open/whatever" is not a game mode. It is a set of made-up, arbitrary and capricious gameplay rules. There's a difference.

"Open," among other things, also did what I think has been irreparable harm to this game and its population.