CTF BRAWL 31 [ Sunday, August 11th ]

A place for threads related to tournaments and the like, and things related too.

Moderator: Light

prema
On Lightcycle Grid

CTF BRAWL 31 [ Sunday, August 11th ]

Post by prema »

The CTF BRAWL 31 will be played on Sunday, August 11th, 2013!

http://wiki.armagetronad.org/index.php/CTF_BRAWL

Figured since we were alternating, we could do brawl on Sunday this month, (there hasn't been any discussion in that thread for a month)

EDIT:
*Also, can someone do the brackets for me please. I have no clue how to create a page with the title: "Template:CTFBRAWL31_Brackets"
*I left the servers as is since I'm not sure which servers stay and which go
*I did add my name to superuser, but I don't want people to go to all that trouble of changing the server config files for me. I honestly don't care. Next time the server config files are updated is fine for me (just putting it out there, no need for needless trouble)
*Could someone please check over my work... to see if I did it correctly. I'm no elmo or tru, but i would also like to contribute to CTF brawl in whatever way possible

Other than that, everything else should have been done correctly, unless I screwed up...

Thanks!
ElmosWorld
Match Winner

Re: CTF BRAWL 31 [ Sunday, August 11th ]

Post by ElmosWorld »

Looks good!

I've been meaning to do it for about 2 weeks now, but every time I think about it, I end up doing something else. :P

glhf
prema
On Lightcycle Grid

Post by prema »

wonder where all the teams are for this brawl ... anyway, elmo, if it's cool with you I'm leaving you in charge assigning matches since it'll be the most impartial way :)
prema
On Lightcycle Grid

Post by prema »

you know what i would like to do for one brawl... get together a bunch of clans (ctf / non-ctf) and just have a brawl tourney with them. We see clans such as redemption and phoenix which are primarily fort clans, but they bring their fort advantages to ctf. Similarly sumoers, dfs, etc have their advantages in their respective fields and it would be interesting to see how each clan both inside and outside ctf perform.

Of course ctfers have the advantage, but it's not that hard of a game to get used to and there are tons of guides out there. meh ... idk maybe i'm just being stupid...
Fippmam
Round Winner

Post by Fippmam »

Well Rd participated in several brawls not too long ago. I think Phoenix was also signed up but no one showed.

With that being said, just like you and most other ctfers want nothing to do with ladle(fort), a lot of forters want nothing to do with brawl(ctf). Besides Serenity (and btw, Nanu is awesome for spearheading this), none of you even play in fort servers =S
Soul
Match Winner

Post by Soul »

Rd plays for the lulz

I don't think CTF is the type of gametype most people want to spend most of their time on, for one reason or another. Just the way it is :(
Gazelle
Match Winner

Post by Gazelle »

prema wrote:
Of course ctfers have the advantage, but it's not that hard of a game to get used to and there are tons of guides out there. meh ... idk maybe i'm just being stupid...
umm i beg to differ :)
Nanu Nanu
Core Dumper

Post by Nanu Nanu »

Err this is probably not the best place to put this, but it kinda goes with what Prema was saying. Also this reminded me of some stuff I wrote. Obviously tron doesn't have enough tournies.

EDIT: Er I decided to just go ahead and make another topic for this.
http://forums3.armagetronad.net/viewtop ... 53#p278553
Prema wrote:The second match starts, a new beginning,
Nanu and Prema, Sui and Ninja,
versus those same old hoes grinning.
Core Dumper

Post by *16 »

I've done the auths, I can do the brackets too if Elmo has no time. After summer vacation I'll try to bring Phoenix to brawl again...

I also added Prema to the superleaders.

Servers should get a check, I don't think all those servers are still up/will be there.
ElmosWorld
Match Winner

Post by ElmosWorld »

I was going to do them when I got home from work tonight but if you want to do them go ahead
Core Dumper

Post by *16 »

Brackets are done, I've used only cookies and fans server since fman was already put as brawl 31 and cookies was brawl 30, the rest wasn't online or older.

Server admins, update settings please.

Good fun, have luck!
prema
On Lightcycle Grid

Post by prema »

excellent.. ty 16!!
GLHF in two days all!!
Gazelle
Match Winner

Post by Gazelle »

Redemption might need some people to play for us.. lots cant make it.. so if u are looking to play in brawl and dont have a team, show up ;)
prema
On Lightcycle Grid

Post by prema »

hehe serenity scared them away :)

j/k. hopefully you guys get 3-4 people... or we could just practice for fun or whatever?
prema
On Lightcycle Grid

Post by prema »

Great Brawl with only 4 teams signed up.
Well done to everyone who played. It was a honor playing with the Open Team and R, and watching R v CT. Hopefully next time we can get a greater number of teams for an even more exciting brawl. Until then, I wish you the very best in life and tron.