GLES Arma on Openpandoras

What do you want to see in Armagetron soon? Any new feature ideas? Let's ponder these ground breaking ideas...
szopin
Average Program

GLES Arma on Openpandoras

Post by szopin »

http://repo.openpandora.org/?page=detai ... magetronad

Android is a step away. Now HW acceleration on all kinds of ARM devices.

https://github.com/lunixbochs/glshim
Z-Man
God & Project Admin

Re: GLES Arma on Openpandoras

Post by Z-Man »

Use your persistent annoying persona to make that guy share his source changes (which he is required to do, but it can't hurt to ask nicely first), that would be something useful :)
szopin
Average Program

Post by szopin »

Thanks. Actually no code changes are needed (that's just how glshim works, yay!) but 4-5 fps is sadly a bit too low (tihs is on single core 600mhz cpu overclocked to 805, S4 with octa could be playable, though, not glibc environment, so it's not just 'make').
delinquent
Match Winner

Post by delinquent »

19fps on my Desire Z o'c to 1,200 mhz. Running cm10.1 no less, but very responsive. And I have the advantage of a slide-out keyboard, it's almost like a miniature laptop.

Online play over 4g next? :>
szopin
Average Program

Post by szopin »

delinquent wrote:19fps on my Desire Z o'c to 1,200 mhz. Running cm10.1 no less, but very responsive. And I have the advantage of a slide-out keyboard, it's almost like a miniature laptop.

Online play over 4g next? :>
Are you sure you got HW acceleration and not some mesa software rendering? The 4-5 was on software, with proper building arma source vs the glshim .so's (the libGLU needs to be pulled from github, included one doesn't work) getting a huge boost in responsiveness, with OC to 1150 and some setting toggling had around 13 fps with soft rendering, now 30+, sadly with blackness all around :D Need to shop around for Desire Z I guess
delinquent
Match Winner

Post by delinquent »

It's a pretty old model. It's advantage is the processing bandwidth. At default of 800mhz, there is still a surprisingly large amount of data that can be processed at any one time.

It also has the advantage of running under a different clock governor, and a separate GPU running o'c at 1400mhz, under some weird variation on noop offset. The entire mmc is also built in a very different manner than usual, doubling I/O speeds at the expense of half the memory. I still, however, have 2Gb to play around with, plus 700mb of active flash storage, and a further 1gb page file on a memory card. That leaves me a healthy 31gb storage space :)

It still struggles with 3d rendering a little, I reckon I can get full 3d at 25fps with a little tinkering.
szopin
Average Program

Post by szopin »

delinquent wrote:It's a pretty old model. It's advantage is the processing bandwidth. At default of 800mhz, there is still a surprisingly large amount of data that can be processed at any one time.
It still struggles with 3d rendering a little, I reckon I can get full 3d at 25fps with a little tinkering.
The glshimmed version gives me 30-40+ (up to 56-60) fps solid when spectating, even on CTWF. Sadly when playing things go weird, there are rounds when fps never falls below 23-24 (with average of 30), there are ones that start at 50+ and drop to 5-6 and then slowly recover to 11-15. With OCing to 1150 getting more stable rounds, good enough for bus trips I guess (pings: 3G getting <200 to eu servers, US sadly 250-390ish). Now to figure out how to link triple turn to a single keystroke and we're good. Looovin it!