bzr ↔ svn sync not running?

What do you want to see in Armagetron soon? Any new feature ideas? Let's ponder these ground breaking ideas...
dlh
Formerly That OS X Guy

bzr ↔ svn sync not running?

Post by dlh »

Is the sync-bot still alive?
Jip
Round Winner

Re: bzr ↔ svn sync not running?

Post by Jip »

Not really on topic, but I think the build bot for the snapshots is not running either.
Z-Man
God & Project Admin

Post by Z-Man »

Could be, I'll check when I'm home. It may be stuck on something.

The build bot is no bot. It's me. Builds run on my main PC which is not on all the time, and since they run for quite a while and in a VM, I trigger them manually.
Z-Man
God & Project Admin

Post by Z-Man »

Ha.

Syncing should be back, it was hung up on a stale lock file. Modified the test so that should not happen again. The service has a bit of a trouble getting back to its feet, probably due to the catching up it has to do. I'll watch it for a bit.

Edit-Update: All except 0.4 winlibs should now be back in sync. That one continuously times out, but I'll let it try again and again for a bit before either declaring it permanently desynced (I's not too hard to keep that one in factual sync manually) or trying to rework its history like last time when changesets were too large to swallow.
Z-Man
God & Project Admin

Post by Z-Man »

Well, does not look like the 100 Mb commit is ever going to make it through syncing as a monolith. Here is what I will do: I will split it up, commit and push the smaller chunks. This process breaks mergeability with the current state of the 0.4-winlibs-work branch. So:
1. If you need to work with winlibs, pull them now. This is going to take a while.
2. Do not push to winlibs until I am done.
3. When the process is complete, I will tell you here. At that point, you need to bzr pull --overwrite. In the unlikely case you have unpushed commits you want to keep, uncommit them before the pull (make a backup just in case), pull, re-commit. I think uncommitted changes survive pull --overwrite.
4. Do not merge the old monolithic commit back into the branch. That would just break things all over again.

The local refactored branch is prepared; I will probably start pushing it tomorrow.
Z-Man
God & Project Admin

Post by Z-Man »

Push started. You should probably avoid pulling winlibs, it is going to be brokenly inconsistent for the next couple of days.
Z-Man
God & Project Admin

Post by Z-Man »

Sync complete! So, if you are using 0.4-winlibs-work,
DO: use pull --overwrite once.
DONT: merge and push the old single changeset update to boost.
dlh
Formerly That OS X Guy

Post by dlh »

The sync-bot seems to be down again.
Z-Man
God & Project Admin

Post by Z-Man »

Indeed. Another way it can hang itself. Hopefully fixed.