A Tron Meetup?

General Stuff about Armagetron, That doesn't belong anywhere else...
Slov
Shutout Match Winner

A Tron Meetup?

Post by Slov »

There's a lot of things I wanna say here so I hope I don't forget anything.. (And I spent like an hour typing this on my phone and then when I wanted to post it, something went wrong and everything was gone so now I have to do it all over again:( )

I was the most active in summer of 2010 and I believe that this is when Armagetron was at it's best. I'm sure anyone that played at that time can remember those evenings in G5's Mega Fortress, pickup, TST or Empha's Sumo Bar (and even Mazing Survival? lol). Good times.
Now I kinda lost interest in the game itself but I miss you guys, the community. :P So I was thinking we should do like a meetup (and just to be clear, I mean an ingame not IRL). Like get together for a few games.. but since most players from that era are inactive (half hooked on LOL) I'd need some help contacting them.. I believe a lot of you guys are connected over Facebook so it'd be fairly easy to do that.

The way I thought we should do this is set a good date, I'm thinking a Sunday evening. We get a server with G5's Mega Fortress settings (idk really how much fort changed since but I'm guessing holes got even smaller? less rubber?) or maybe Empha's Sumo Bar settings, those were really fun in a crowded server. And then we just play.

I know probably not a lot of people will show up but even like 10 would be a great number. So while typing this a bunch of names popped up in my mind.. Theroze, wap, MB53, nuby, Gonzap, beer, chrisd, emmy, Woned, cronix, nubi, psy, Flex, FoFo, Mkay, AI, viper, Titanoboa, shoe, epsy, mya, Concord, slash, potter, Wildcat, Hoax, Eckz, Liz, Roterbaron, dariv, Word, sine, womble, AshitakA, Elmo, Durka, madmax, 75, G5, zion, 1200, CruZ, Cody, n0bsauce, orion, bilbo baggins, Syllabear, ... It would be awesome if we all played some games together again :D And I know I missed a lot of guys but this is just a few I can remember right now.

So what do you guys think?
.pG (only like, the best clan ever)

my mixtape fire tho
DaGarBBaGeMAN
Core Dumper

Re: A Tron Meetup?

Post by DaGarBBaGeMAN »

You'd be surprised how many of those names still play mega fort regularly. If you just came on a Saturday or Sunday active afternoon, you're likely to find a big mega fort game with at least a few of those names
Image -made by az95

orion
Match Winner

Post by orion »

haha Slov, i touch your heart
chrisd
Round Winner

Post by chrisd »

Slovvy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That would be great fun slov!!!!!!!! Did you know that of the people you mention I actualy met Theroze, AI, Hoax and G5 this very day on eu lagless megafortress????????????????? And that I still see wap, Titanoboa, Roterbaron, Word, sine, 75, zion, and orion, quite regularly on various servers!

Slov!!!!!!!!!! I miss you too!!!!!!!!!!! <3 you forever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Most days I am on sometime between 7 and 8 pm!!!!!!!!! Let us play together again, slov!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you want to contact people I think you can just send a pm on these forums. Remember most people will automatically receive an email when they receive a pm.

Wishing you the very best in tron and all of life!!!!!!!!!!!!
Chris
delinquent
Match Winner

Post by delinquent »

FYI Bilbo has no computer atm, he said he'd have something soon, but soon is potentially a long time.
Gonzap
Shutout Match Winner

Post by Gonzap »

day and place?

Your message contains 14 characters. The minimum number of characters you need to enter is 21.
Cody
Shutout Match Winner

Post by Cody »

Day & Place?

I can get in contact with some tronners

Mecca/TaZ/ID Creator/ID SIN/Caligurl/noobsailboat(haha)/nara
Gazelle
Match Winner

Post by Gazelle »

Slov... Owwwww that one hurts. I didnt want my name on that list of nobodies anyways. :P
Mkay1
Shutout Match Winner

Post by Mkay1 »

What a great idea!! Miss you Blake griffin jr.
Slov
Shutout Match Winner

Post by Slov »

DaGarBBaGeMAN wrote:You'd be surprised how many of those names still play mega fort regularly. If you just came on a Saturday or Sunday active afternoon, you're likely to find a big mega fort game with at least a few of those names
Yeah I know but I think it would be fun to try to get them all together at once :D btw I remember you too, you were in Tu right (or something like that xD)?
orion wrote:haha Slov, i touch your heart
Yup :D
delinquent wrote:FYI Bilbo has no computer atm, he said he'd have something soon, but soon is potentially a long time.
Too bad, he was a lot of fun
Gazelle wrote:Slov... Owwwww that one hurts. I didnt want my name on that list of nobodies anyways. :P
lol I knew I shouldn't have made a list because I left out a lot of people.. I still have you in my heart I promise :D

chrisd I don't have a computer that could run Armagetron right now but I'll get one for the meetup so just make sure you come :D <3

I was kinda hoping someone would take over this for me lol.. I'm bad at organizing things. But whatever, all we need is:
1. A way of making sure we contact as much players as possible. Now there won't be any problems with the ones who are still playing but getting to someone like MB53, 75 or dariv could be a little tricky. Sending out PMs here on forum is okay but I wanna make sure that everyone gets an invite. I only have a couple of people from Tron added on FB and they're all still active so there's no use in that. So I guess the best way to do this would be if we make a list with as much names as we can and then go one by one and see if there's a way we can get in touch with them?
2. A good server where we could change settings ourselves. It would be great if we had G5's Fort, Empha's Sumo Bar and TST cfgs. Maybe some others too?
2. A good time & date. I know it's summer and a lot of people are on vacation but I believe it would be best if we do this soon.. So like next Sunday? Ladle time?

btw I miss you too Tiger Woods
.pG (only like, the best clan ever)

my mixtape fire tho
Ratchet
Match Winner

Post by Ratchet »

Slov wrote: 2. A good time & date. I know it's summer and a lot of people are on vacation but I believe it would be best if we do this soon.. So like next Sunday? Ladle time?
Spoiler alert!

Ladle is next Sunday, at Ladle time.
"Dream as if you'll live forever,
Live as if you'll die today." -James Dean
Nanu Nanu
Core Dumper

Post by Nanu Nanu »

If you need a server for a day, here's the place to go :D
http://forums3.armagetronad.net/viewtop ... =2&t=23063
Prema wrote:The second match starts, a new beginning,
Nanu and Prema, Sui and Ninja,
versus those same old hoes grinning.
DaGarBBaGeMAN
Core Dumper

Post by DaGarBBaGeMAN »

Slov wrote:btw I remember you too, you were in Tu right (or something like that xD)?

Haha yeah! It was my first clan, but I wasn't very serious about tron then xD
Image -made by az95

Fippmam
Round Winner

Post by Fippmam »

DaGarBBaGeMAN wrote:
Slov wrote:btw I remember you too, you were in Tu right (or something like that xD)?

Hence the peculiar name :D
Vogue
Match Winner

Post by Vogue »

Fippmam wrote:
DaGarBBaGeMAN wrote:

Hence the peculiar name :D
wtf, your wiki info is so outdated

also i vote g5 mega fort