Mates case-sensitive?

What do you want to see in Armagetron soon? Any new feature ideas? Let's ponder these ground breaking ideas...
Phytotron
Formerly Oscilloscope
Location: A site or situation, especially considered in regard to its surroundings.

Mates case-sensitive?

Post by Phytotron »

The mates list is apparently case-sensitive. Is there a particular reason for this? I suggest it not be so.
Lucifer
Project Developer

Re: Mates case-sensitive?

Post by Lucifer »

Phytotron wrote:The mates list is apparently case-sensitive. Is there a particular reason for this? I suggest it not be so.
It'S An EffOrt To StOp PeOpLe FroM TyPInG LikE ThiS.

Be the devil's own, Lucifer's my name.
- Iron Maiden
LOVER$BOY
Match Winner

Post by LOVER$BOY »

Lucifer wrote:
Phytotron wrote:The mates list is apparently case-sensitive. Is there a particular reason for this? I suggest it not be so.
Or more to stop idiots from making a mess out of that feature.

Still, sometimes our friends change their casing and it becomes rather annoying to find them in the Mates-List.
Phytotron
Formerly Oscilloscope
Location: A site or situation, especially considered in regard to its surroundings.

Post by Phytotron »

Lucifer wrote:
Well, whatever success or lack thereof that's had, the case (ahem) I'm most concerned with is someone either capitalizing or not the first letter in their name. As you know, there are limited slots, and using half of them to account for alternate case is a waste.
ConVicT
Shutout Match Winner

Post by ConVicT »

Just thought i'd comment since i have a name like this :D
truman

Re: Advice To assist you Buy Golf Clubs

Post by truman »

Still, sometimes our friends change their casing and it becomes rather annoying to find them in the Mates-List.
truman
LOVER$BOY
Match Winner

Post by LOVER$BOY »

truman wrote:Still, sometimes our friends change their casing and it becomes rather annoying to find them in the Mates-List.
Oi lol, if your gona use what I wrote, at-least quote it :P
LOVER$BOY
Match Winner

Post by LOVER$BOY »

Ok, following Phytotron's request, I made a command and a toggle for that command in Mates menu. Ran into several bugs here and there while trying to implement it. Seriously, with the new system for string splitting I implemented, thew new code I put in is much handier to use ;)

The command is

Code: Select all

ENABLE_MATES_CASING
When this setting is enabled, casing for mates filtering is sensitive but when it's disabled, severs will be filtered with the names matching any case in your mates list.

Since it's a personal choice whether you want your mates setting to sensitive or not. I prefer sensitive but again it doesn't matter because I rarely use it :P

Anyway, this feature is only available in 0.2.9_styctap_20121231 build which is the one I built on December 31, 2012.
Fippmam
Round Winner

Post by Fippmam »

LOVER$BOY wrote:Ok, following Phytotron's request, I made a command and a toggle for that command in Mates menu. Ran into several bugs here and there while trying to implement it. Seriously, with the new system for string splitting I implemented, thew new code I put in is much handier to use ;)

The command is

Code: Select all

ENABLE_MATES_CASING
When this setting is enabled, casing for mates filtering is sensitive but when it's disabled, severs will be filtered with the names matching any case in your mates list.

Since it's a personal choice whether you want your mates setting to sensitive or not. I prefer sensitive but again it doesn't matter because I rarely use it :P

Anyway, this feature is only available in 0.2.9_styctap_20121231 build which is the one I built on December 31, 2012.
Really awesome dude. Thanks
LOVER$BOY
Match Winner

Post by LOVER$BOY »

No big deal Fippmam. I'm glad to have added that feature to Alpha Project's streaming features of awesomeness.

Happy near year :)
Z-Man
God & Project Admin

Post by Z-Man »

Stolen for 0.4.
LOVER$BOY
Match Winner

Post by LOVER$BOY »

Well, I don't mind since sty+ct+ap is not the main but I'm glad it will be used ;)

Ah come on Z-Man. Why not 0.2.8 as well? :D
Z-Man
God & Project Admin

Post by Z-Man »

Beacuse (yes, it needs to be spelled that way on occasion) 0.2.8 is not for new features and we are very unlikely to ever turn 0.2.9 into a real release, and merging from 0.2.8 to 0.4 is hell.
LOVER$BOY
Match Winner

Post by LOVER$BOY »

Mmm, you got the point there...