Minimap Suggestion

What do you want to see in Armagetron soon? Any new feature ideas? Let's ponder these ground breaking ideas...
Light
Reverse Outside Corner Grinder

Minimap Suggestion

Post by Light »

I don't know how easy it would be to implement, but could we have some sort of way of showing who you are on the minimap? I would be very helpful in some servers to know your starting position, but when you only got the color, it's not so easy to tell yourself apart until you start moving around and can see which ones you're moving.

Not a huge deal since most of your opponents don't have a minimap at all, but just something I would like if it ain't too much to ask.
Z-Man
God & Project Admin

Re: Minimap Suggestion

Post by Z-Man »

Have you tried switching the map to cycle focus? Of course, that changes the whole appearance. If that's not what you want, we could make your own cycle blink to white (or black if it already is white).
compguygene
Adjust Outside Corner Grinder

Post by compguygene »

I hate to ask this, but with the Wiki down, I can't read the docs there. To accomplish what you have suggested, Z-man, is it done via settings in the Cockpit? If so, what settings are those.
Armagetron: It's a video game that people should just play and enjoy :)
https://bit.ly/2KBGYjvCheck out the simple site about TheServerPharm
Z-Man
God & Project Admin

Post by Z-Man »

No settings required, you just bind a key to 'Cockpit Key 1' (in System Setup/Misc Stuff/Global Keyboard Configuration), then use that to switch map modes. At least in the default cockpit. I'll add a default bind and tooltip for that.
Light
Reverse Outside Corner Grinder

Post by Light »

Personally, I would like to have the map right-side-up no matter where ya start, and then have a way to see who you are. Right now the maps can start upside-down and stuff, and it's a bit weird sometimes.

But yeah, I wouldn't want it focused down, I want to see the whole map. I saw that option before though, still haven't played with it yet.

Thanks for the reply.