Map Maker

What do you want to see in Armagetron soon? Any new feature ideas? Let's ponder these ground breaking ideas...
Light
Reverse Outside Corner Grinder

Map Maker

Post by Light »

I have started to create a map maker in Javascript. It uses RaphaelJS to give pretty much a vectron editor feel to it. It's point and click with the option to select an exact point. It doesn't work into decimal places right now, and I'm not sure that I will ever bother to.

It supports the rim, walls, death zone, win zone, and spawn points.

Rim - Must be rectangular
Walls - Open or Closed (it can connect the last point for you back to beginning)
death/win zone - Colored and allow radius and growth options
spawn points - north sound east and west facing

It needs tested. I haven't tested anything, though I believe I have done it all correctly. I don't really have a test server, so it's hard for me to find time that the server is dead and I can play around. It's possible I screwed up the direction of the spawn points or something of that sort, but let me know if ya find any problems.

I will continue to develop this into something a bit nicer. The code is sorta thrown together, and it's all a bit messy, but I just wanted to get it started. I did it with spare time today and last night, so I didn't spend a whole lot of time on it yet.

Thanks for anyone who helps with testing. Hope ya guys get some use out of it. :)

edit: I'm stupid ... here's the link : http://the-movie-club.com/lame

Example Map
example.png
(3.84 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Last edited by Light on Mon Nov 14, 2011 2:06 am, edited 2 times in total.
Light

Re: Map Maker

Post by Light »

Some side notes.

The point is to click an exact location. It doesn't create a dot in your map.

The walls must be ended or closed in order to undo them.

You can only undo one action. A wall, spawn point, or zone. It doesn't keep any history past the last one.

If you don't want a rectangular rim, you can set the rim to something like 1000x1000 and make your oddly shaped rim inside of that, then the spawn points in that to give the same effect as a custom shaped rim.
Light

Post by Light »

Fixed odd numbered browser size widths from giving decimal numbers for location by flooring the coordinates. This also means that if you attempt to use point (5.5, 3) that it will just use point (5, 3).
compguygene
Adjust Outside Corner Grinder

Post by compguygene »

I normally hand code my maps. I tried your new editor to see what its like. It would be very helpful if you could manually enter a point. Without that ability or a "snap to grid" ability, like CAD programs have, it makes no sense for me to use it. I really like what you have done so far and hope to use it and help others to as well.
Armagetron: It's a video game that people should just play and enjoy :)
https://bit.ly/2KBGYjvCheck out the simple site about TheServerPharm
Light

Post by Light »

compguygene wrote:I normally hand code my maps. I tried your new editor to see what its like. It would be very helpful if you could manually enter a point. Without that ability or a "snap to grid" ability, like CAD programs have, it makes no sense for me to use it. I really like what you have done so far and hope to use it and help others to as well.
Thanks. I usually do it by hand too, but I was ... let's say "inspired" to make this. lol I am sort of a perfectionist when it comes to location of objects. I will hopefully make it more exact soon, but right now it's close enough to make me happy.

If ya make any maps with it, let me know how it works out. Like I said, this is untested, but if I got spawn point directions correct, I don't think there's anything else that I could have screwed up, but my stupidity even amazes me at times. :)
syllabear
Shutout Match Winner

Post by syllabear »

I'm sure theres a map converter that converts images into maps lying around
The Halley's comet of Armagetron.
ps I'm not tokoyami
Light

Post by Light »

syllabear wrote:I'm sure theres a map converter that converts images into maps lying around
Yeah, but this will do it clean without having a huge space for a small map like the svg converters tend to do. Anyways, I will be adding more to it that will make it nicer.

Notes: Updated it to add <Map> tag and version, along with forcing lowercase name to avoid issues, and fixed capitalization issues. Also, the rim closes now.

Map generated is working as it should. :)
Light

Post by Light »

Ability to clone your last wall based off of first point added. :)