Armagetron on USB Flash Drive

For all the help you need with Armagetron!
INW
Reverse Outside Corner Grinder

Armagetron on USB Flash Drive

Post by INW »

When I drag the armagetron folder into my flash drive, I can obviously open it up on another computer but when I go to open the .exe file to run the application, it doesn't allow me to. It says to open it up on a different device, make changes, and re drag.

How do I add tron to my flash drive and open it up on another computer by simply clicking on the application file?

http://forums3.armagetronad.net/viewtop ... lash+drive gave me an idea but I don't really understand the "installer" part.

Would downloading from here to my flash drive do the trick?
syllabear
Shutout Match Winner

Re: Armagetron on USB Flash Drive

Post by syllabear »

armagetron is located in several files throughout your computer.

There's Armagetron_Advanced in programs, server data, user data, the var files and maybe one or two more.
The Halley's comet of Armagetron.
ps I'm not tokoyami
dukevin
Round Winner

Post by dukevin »

jstaylor101
On Lightcycle Grid

Post by jstaylor101 »

Downloading it from portableapps.com should work fine (I currently use armagetron from a flash drive and it works fine).
Ratchet
Match Winner

Post by Ratchet »

I'm not directly addressing your problem, rather explaining how I got it to work in the event that it helps you along the way.
INW wrote:When I drag the armagetron folder into my flash drive
No.

Download the ArmagetronAd game installer. Plug the flash drive in. Install it to the drive of the flash (in my case, it was E:). What I mean by install it to the drive, is during setup (ASSUMING YOU'RE RUNNING WINDOWS) there is the option of WHERE to install the game to. By default it is C:\Program Files, change that to E:\Program Files or whatever the case may be on your USB.

Run the application from the flash drive via the windows Start ---> Run, however, use
THESE instructions to make the appdata files work on the USB drive, rather than saving it to the computer.

http://forums3.armagetronad.net/viewtop ... 49&t=19967

Basically you type

Code: Select all

E:\Game\armagetronad.exe --vardir .\var
And this makes the game recognize the var to be in the same folder.

Additionally, if you want it to do that automatically, you can make a .bat file to run the game from rather than having to type it every time.
"Dream as if you'll live forever,
Live as if you'll die today." -James Dean