Illegal Exit 03

A place for threads related to tournaments and the like, and things related too.

Moderator: Light

sinewav
Graphic Artist

Illegal Exit 03

Post by sinewav »

Ok, here we go! It's a 4x2, so I need up to 7 more people to sign up for this to work. If not, we can try again the following weekend. Or, if it winds up being super-fun and people get left out we can do it again a week later. :P

I'm not sure if the server is set up with tournament settings right now. Someone please check for me. I'm out of town for work until Saturday morning and I don't have Arma installed on this computer and I also don't have access to my servers right now. I wasn't prepared for this spontaneous tournament (though thin kind of spontaneity is fun).
Slickster
Round Winner

Re: Illegal Exit 03

Post by Slickster »

What gametype is this...?
sinewav
Graphic Artist

Post by sinewav »

:o Er, wow, that's the fastest sign up I've ever seen. Almost full. If there winds up being a bunch more people who want to play, we'll have to figure something out.

Slick, it's INCAM! Check out the Adventures of TRON server "TRON Experience" for settings.

EDIT: I've got Mkay-1 on my team, but I might need a sub if he can't make it or can't stay the whole game (or if he totally sucks the first match and I tell him to gtfo). Just saying there might be some room.
INW
Reverse Outside Corner Grinder

Post by INW »

You can add me as a sub...if you love me. :oops:
LucK
Shutout Match Winner

Post by LucK »

I want to play if anyone wants me. My team made it to the finals last IE if that helps :D
sinewav
Graphic Artist

Post by sinewav »

Hrmph! I didn't expect the tournament to fill up in less than 4 hours. Should I open another server for this? Can we get 6-8 more people to sign-up? I mean, we can use those super-smart AoT bots in place of teammates you know; we don't need full teams.

Ok how about this: if a good amount of people post with the desire to play before Saturday, I'll make a 2-server bracket and we'll randomize the teams. Then the two top scorers from each server will play each other in the finals (one match only for each meet). Sound good?
INW

Post by INW »

You don't love me :(

Your message contains 20 characters. The minimum number of characters you need to enter is 21.
Your message contains 20 characters. The minimum number of characters you need to enter is 21.
Concord

Post by Concord »

I agree. 5x2 isn't very tronny.
Mkay1
Shutout Match Winner

Post by Mkay1 »

Love the banners! Very classy. All of them.
Word
Reverse Adjust Outside Corner Grinder

Post by Word »

yeah, i'm a bit slow with signing up :<
sinewav
Graphic Artist

Post by sinewav »

Ok, go ahead ans sign up more teams. we'll make it work.
sinewav
Graphic Artist

Post by sinewav »

Word wrote:yeah, i'm a bit slow with signing up :<
Hey Word, make a team. Otherwise we are going to have an awkward tournament. Six teams will balance out nicely (3 each server). Five? Not so good.
Word
Reverse Adjust Outside Corner Grinder

Post by Word »

i have sent a pm to pike and i'm waiting for a reply...i'll sign up the team and get someone else if he doesn't have time :P
sinewav
Graphic Artist

Post by sinewav »

Or use a BoT. You might do just as good since the bots are so brutal in that server.

:!: This is how I'm going to run the event: I'll close the sign-up about an hour before the event, then randomize the teams. If there are six teams signed up, the first randomized three will play in one server, and the second three the other. There will be a fourth BoT team in each server unless one or two more teams sign up.

We will play one match to 25 points. It shouldn't take too long to finish, maybe between 10-15 minutes (I think). The top two teams in each server move to the finals. In the event of a tie for second place, everyone will play an extra "sudden death" round. The first second-place team to score a point moves ahead to the finals. If the second-place teams kill each other in the process, we'll use the server log to determine the winner since the console output might not be accurate among clients (however, it may be obvious who won, so the loser should concede gracefully).

We'll have a short break before the finals so I can address any problems and change team-names/colors. Then we'll play the final match to 25 and declare a winner. Should be a short, fun tournament. :D
Concord

Post by Concord »

warm ups tomorrow all day (that server has been too empty too long)