Still having trouble running servers

Post here if you need help setting up your server, etc.
DiviN3

Still having trouble running servers

Post by DiviN3 »

i just recently downloaded 5 dedicated servers and port forwarded them. they are all for the clan i'm in called nexus and that clan has all 5 divisions. my sumo server and my fortress server are up and i dont have any problems with them but when i try to open up my nexus loose dogfight server it never shows up...how do i fix that. also sometimes when i play on my armagetron servers, a message just pops up and says something about armagetronad_dedicated and then it closes my gameplay and shuts down my server. how can i fix that.
Last edited by Z-Man on Sun Feb 27, 2011 10:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: more fitting title.
sinewav
Graphic Artist

Re: omg!

Post by sinewav »

DiviN3 wrote:also sometimes when i play on my armagetron servers, a message just pops up and says something about armagetronad_dedicated and then it closes my gameplay and shuts down my server. how can i fix that.
The first step is to post that "something" message here. Check the log and paste the results, or at least grab a screenshot. No one can help you if we can't see the problem. :)

Also, there are already servers named "Nexus" with a cherished history here. You might confuse some people and anger others with your choice of name.
DiviN3

Post by DiviN3 »

well, see i downloaded 5 servers right? sumo,fort,df,hr,and ctf. i first made the settings for my sumo and fort. then i wnt on the internet multiplayer and my servers were on there and everything was fine k? then i did the settings for my loose dogfight and high rubber servers. then i go on internet multiplayer and i see them,execpt they are renamed as Nexus fortress server which was what i named my fort server. so thtts 3 servers as the name nexus fortress server and 1 nexus sumo server. Why is that? I looked at the name and everything in my config panel and i didnt name them all nexus fortress server. What did i do wrong and how can i fix that? Also if you guys wouldnt mind, can u give me ALL of the ctf settings vy emailing me? im having trouble getting the settings i want. My email is tristan2422@yahoo.com - Thanks
DiviN3

Post by DiviN3 »

This is what the error message looks like. Go to the file I attached.
Attachments
Error.doc
(960.5 KiB) Downloaded 121 times
Z-Man
God & Project Admin

Post by Z-Man »

Both your servers called 'Fortress' are indeed fortress servers, so you probably just run the same config twice.
The invisible servers are probably not correctly port forwarded. Or not running. Probably that, seeing as they're not running in your screenshot.
Also, please give full server names. You're giving them a silly prefix, that makes them impossible to find.
Well, the error message is a crash. Not saying much. Can you post the COMPLETE configuration of that server here?
And you really think a windows XP box running on your home network is enough to host five servers?
DiviN3

Re: Still having trouble running servers

Post by DiviN3 »

Server names are.... `+Destiny Loose Dogfight< `+Destiny Fortress Server< `+Destiny Team Sumo Server< `+Destiny High Rubber<

And yes.

Also as you can see, I renamed our clan.
Z-Man
God & Project Admin

Post by Z-Man »

Destiny is also a well know player and leader of the Wild West clan.
DiviN3

Post by DiviN3 »

Lol omg can u forget about my clan name and help me fix this situation? Plzz

And yes i will rename the clan. Again! this time ill rename it to Divine Destruction.
Z-Man
God & Project Admin

Post by Z-Man »

You haven't answered the really important questions. Specifically, the configuration of the crashing server.
DiviN3

Post by DiviN3 »

ok nvm. Umm i deleted all of the servers and copied the settings into new servers that i downloaded so now they work perfectly.