G5's Fortress Pro Admin Abuse >:(

General Stuff about Armagetron, That doesn't belong anywhere else...
OppOse
On Lightcycle Grid

G5's Fortress Pro Admin Abuse >:(

Post by OppOse »

So I was attempting to have a game of fort today in the well populated server, when I was kicked with no explanation given whatsoever. I waited out the 4 minute autoban, returned to the server, and was kicked once more by the time the round was over. 700 minute autoban this time.

Very immature, guys.
Cosmic Dolphin
Round Winner

Re: G5's Fortress Pro Admin Abuse >:(

Post by Cosmic Dolphin »

Yea, this has all happened to us. I was once kicked from a racing server for "having a stupid name" That was a while ago. Admin abuse does happen, but usually there is not even an admin around. Any time I have done anything as an admin, keeping people in line, it gets hectic. You just get mad because so many people get mad at you. (Sometimes the same people will harrass you.) The admin could have just been having a bad day, and something you said was the last straw. So don't blow up on us about it. Forgive and forget.

If it really becomes a problem, just don't go to that server again.
" Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."
-Plato
Ok, but why did I add this signature? I was like 15 and thought I was smart? What a brat.
gawdzilla
Liz of the many names

Post by gawdzilla »

Who were all in the server? Who were moderators? Or do you know who did it?

EDIT: Were you playing under the name "stars"? Dreadlord kicked that person twice.
dreadlord
Match Winner

Post by dreadlord »

for a good reason if you were stars, then you should not complain
OppOse
On Lightcycle Grid

Post by OppOse »

Yup, I was stars. I accidentally tk'd someone as they were grinding behind me, and then the second time I assume I didnt do well enough at sweeping.

Eh, whatever. If youre going to be rude about it, dreadlord, I suppose its easier for me to just stay away.
dreadlord
Match Winner

Post by dreadlord »

That's not my aim, getting you out of this server. Next time just don't laugh about killing your teammate (slash) when it's a 1v4 situation so you probably knew it was your mate. And the other thing was that you took the def and (again) teamkilled some of your mates there. Not even saying sorry then really shows that you actually do not deserve being allowed to play there. I would always welcome everybody who wants to play there and who is acting nicely towards every player.
Z-Man
God & Project Admin

Post by Z-Man »

Guys, take this to PMs. Don't make it a popularity/loyalty/stubbornness contest.