Multi Hosting on Windows

Post here if you need help setting up your server, etc.
INW
Reverse Outside Corner Grinder

Multi Hosting on Windows

Post by INW »

I noticed on wiki that u can multi host dedicated servers using linux, but didn't see anything about hosting 2 servers on windows....probably because u cant host 2 on windows but just wondering if you can.

If it is possible, where would i save the second cfg file for the 2nd server....the recent cfg file is saved in my var folder working fine but adding another one; i dont see how the servers would know which to choose...

Just wondering if it is possible to host 2 servers on a windows OS and if so, how. (:

Thanks, Spin (:
Last edited by INW on Wed May 26, 2010 9:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Z-Man
God & Project Admin

Re: Multi Hosting on Windows

Post by Z-Man »

It should be perfectly possible to run as many servers as you like. You just can't run them just via the start menu, then they'll share configuration. But you can pass the --datadir, --userdatadir, --configdir, --userconfigdir and --vardir parameters to the executable to make it look for data and configuration in other places. --userconfigdir and --vardir sound like the most relevant for you.
INW

Post by INW »

ok, looking at the folders, im confused.

when i open two dedicated server windows, they go to different ports...great, it is working

the part im confused about is where do i save my second cfg file so that the second server can read it.

i have my first cfg file to my first server saved here
C:\Users\<name>\AppData\Roaming\Armagetron\var
and saved as settings_custom.cfg

where would i save my second cfg file for my second server and what would i name it?
INW

Post by INW »

nvm