two

Mmmm... What's cookin in the kitchen?

Moderator: Lucifer

hybrid
On Lightcycle Grid

two

Post by hybrid »

1- Are Team Breakfast in Hell bots worst or with new settings than before you changed server version?
I was playing and i feel different.

2- I subscribed myself to mailing list some months ago and never received any mail.... ¿ is working good ?

p.d. english is one of my earring lessons, sorry for faults.
Lucifer
Project Developer

Re: two

Post by Lucifer »

hybrid wrote:1- Are Team Breakfast in Hell bots worst or with new settings than before you changed server version?
I was playing and i feel different.
They should be the same raging bots they've always been. I'll look into it.
2- I subscribed myself to mailing list some months ago and never received any mail.... ¿ is working good ?
Probly your ISP is filtering the list since it originates from a dynamic IP address. There are others experiencing this problem. I just need to pony up the $20/year to use no-ip's service that deals with exactly this. It was on my list last night and didn't get done.

The mailing list is archived and you can browse the archives. Most new announcements come here and on the website, but the mailing list does periodically get announcements that don't appear anywhere else. Also, in more detail (although the website goes into the greatest detail--when we go into detail on it, which isn't very often).

I normally take advantage of every opportunity to point out what everyone here (myself included) is getting for free, but I'll pass on it this time. :roll: 8)

In case anyone's wondering, including the $20/year expense for the service I don't yet have, overhead on the Breakfast servers as a whole comes out somewhere around $150/month. Most of that is hardware and Swampy bore the brunt of those costs, none of it is internet connectivity we'd have anyway. (Ok, face it, Swampy's currently bearing 99.999999999999999% of the costs, and what he gets in exchange is people sitting on his server and complaining about lag) That's just sitting on our regular cable connections. (I didn't count all of the laptop I just bought in that number either because it was bought for work, but I must admit my primary motivation was so I could play on my own server again and on other servers without shutting down my own server, and if it weren't for that, I would have bought a cheaper laptop. Why does it matter? Putting hell on a more dedicated box was a primary goal....) Yeah, I'm getting a bit tired of hearing the lag complaints and some of the other stuff that goes on. Most players are cool about it, but it doesn't take very many to make you wonder why you bother, you know?

Be the devil's own, Lucifer's my name.
- Iron Maiden
Lucifer
Project Developer

Post by Lucifer »

Should be fixed now. I sent a test mail to the list, let me know if you got it.

In case Mandrake should wonder by here, this should fix problems for him on the website.

Be the devil's own, Lucifer's my name.
- Iron Maiden
Tank Program
Forum & Project Admin, PhD

Post by Tank Program »

Lucifer wrote:Most players are cool about it, but it doesn't take very many to make you wonder why you bother, you know?
Solution: Don't listen to them.
hybrid
On Lightcycle Grid

Post by hybrid »

Tank Program wrote:
Lucifer wrote:Most players are cool about it, but it doesn't take very many to make you wonder why you bother, you know?
Solution: Don't listen to them.

Totally agree, don't take any problems.

For me lag is a state of mind, i know some servers have more ping, but anyway i can enjoy, with 100 ping (i never have it) or 250 ping. A bit curiosity: I have very very very similar ping in all servers, so i can play for "normal" anywhere.
n54
MVP

Post by n54 »

hybrid wrote:A bit curiosity: I have very very very similar ping in all servers, so i can play for "normal" anywhere.
I have this feeling it might have a lot to say which ISP (internet service provider) one has, do you have any local friends using a different ISP you could compare ping with? Just for curiositys sake, no big deal if you don't bother with it :)