Forums Recently Disabled

News, what's going on with... Anything...
Tank Program
Forum & Project Admin, PhD

Forums Recently Disabled

Post by Tank Program »

Well, recently for the last few days. (Days already? Jeesh.) Anyway, you are all probably curious as to why. Well, know that it was for you all that it was done. I converted the database that the forums use from access to mysql. What does this mean for you all? It means first that the board will be faster when more users are online. Second, it allows me to install mods like attachment mod. What does that mean for you all? Once I have that installed, it will mean that you will be able to upload attachments with your posts, like pictures! Hurra! We're back online!
Tank Program

Post by Tank Program »

I forgot to mention, and this deserves an additional post, not just an edit, to thank n54 for all his help in research to fix problems with the conversion. It would have been impossible without him!!!
n54
MVP

Post by n54 »

you're welcome it was pure luck i did that last phpBB forum search lol :mrgreen:
Tank Program

Post by Tank Program »

Still, thank you very much! Yes, I declare the forums are back open for buisness with no data lost! (Despite that locutus said to start over...) Buy please, if you find any errors anywhere, or if something isn't working correctly, let me know over a pm! Thank you all for your patience too!
locutus
Match Winner
Location: MST [Quotation: "No Good Deed Ever Goes Unpunished.."]

Post by locutus »

I only said that after you said you had 1099 posts to go thorugh manually. I didn't think it was worth your time. It was only a suggestion after you asked me, thinking it would save you the frustration. I am glad to see it's back up again and it only goes to figure that Node would be involved in that. I am no good at dB's.
Tank Program

Post by Tank Program »

Well... I found "Find and Replace" :) :mrgreen: :)
n54
MVP

Post by n54 »

i did none of the work, Tank did it, i just stumbled upon a clue

just to clarify :mrgreen:
nicolas.b
Grid Clown
Location: west philly Quotation: "Everybody's stuck being a moderator, but me. Sweet!"

Post by nicolas.b »

congrats guys, great news!