spring cleaning

What do you want to see here? Some more categories, forums, and mods? Hmm...
Majination
Hero Of 2004

Post by Majination »

Really General IS a mental hospital... that has been overrun with zoo creatures. Trying to separate those into logical topics is like...

... I'm at a loss for a good simile. < thinking >
http://bikecolors.shorturl.com -- ArmageTron Multi-Color Bike Picker
"Stimpy, sometimes your wealth of ignorance astounds me!" - Ren Hoek
Tank Program
Forum & Project Admin, PhD

Post by Tank Program »

like cages for fierce animals and little fences for the ones that suposedly ravage entire brizillian villages?
Majination
Hero Of 2004

Post by Majination »

Tank Program wrote:like cages for fierce animals and little fences for the ones that suposedly ravage entire brizillian villages?
Yeah!! What Tank said! :D
Marrow
MVP - Project Contributor

Post by Marrow »

Armagetron General is 95% finished.

You'll notice a muffin load of new topics because of all the splitting I did. Plus, you'll notice many of them belong in Really General, lol. I'm fine with leaving them in Armagetron General if Tank is ok with that, for old times sake. However, they stick out like sore thumbs now...lol.
Majination
Hero Of 2004

Post by Majination »

Looks great! I only notice a couple topics that don't belong, notably the zoologically topiced ones... lol. Good job.
Prey4Me
Match Winner

Post by Prey4Me »

so should i look into cleaning my forum?
Tank Program
Forum & Project Admin, PhD

Post by Tank Program »

Sure, just no deleting!
nicolas.b
Grid Clown
Location: west philly Quotation: "Everybody's stuck being a moderator, but me. Sweet!"

Post by nicolas.b »

Marrow wrote:You'll notice a muffin load of new topics
hehe, made me laugh with your deployment of "muffin-load"... don't get to see that very often. :D

notice my new quotation. (finally, maji! a very small shard of inspiration struck me, LOL)
Marrow

Post by Marrow »

Yeah, maybe Tank is right. There are too many moderators. I could step down actually. Then, I could join nicolas.b in taunting the moderators. :idea: :wink:

Edit: I got so used to having my text edited by the forum, I save it the trouble and just write in "muffin" now.
Majination
Hero Of 2004

Post by Majination »

nicolas.b wrote:notice my new quotation. (finally, maji! a very small shard of inspiration struck me, LOL)
I noticed it right off! :D It gave a good chuckle, too. Personally, if I had my way you'd be trudging through with the rest of us, heh.
nicolas.b
Grid Clown
Location: west philly Quotation: "Everybody's stuck being a moderator, but me. Sweet!"

Post by nicolas.b »

LOL again, guys... (i mean, 'as usual')

marrow, i see remaining a moderator hasn't prevented you from working the noble trade of taunting your fellow moderators. nice work! :D

you got me thinking about this 'muffin' business, too. like anytime i'm about to use a swear word in real life or online i can just substitute that word. so i could get terribly, terribly pissed off as i sometimes do, and just start ranting "muffin this! ...muffin that! ...oh yeah? well MUFFIN you too, pal." i could just be walking down the street, minding my own business, then realise i had forgotten something important and cry out "MUFFIN!!!!" and someone, somewhere might understand, LOL. (i'm not being completely facetious here, i really want to try it!)

maji, i started working on moderating without having moderating status a long time ago in another scene. with some degree of success. so i think that's given me a certain confidence in my abilities to get whatever i want by being a 'common man' and a certain fear of having any official duties (red tape). it's also done nothing but probably fed my addiction to the internet in general, and forums specifically. so in the end i sort of lost anyway, LOL.
Prey4Me
Match Winner

Post by Prey4Me »

hey maji i think im gonna go through your topics and tell you what u need to split, kinda like u did to me :wink:
n54
MVP

Post by n54 »

hehe prey

btw has anybody got any red tape? i've used all of mine (fixing stuff, hanging scrotums to dry, tying down subby & frizza in an unknown location <- stuff like that) :(
Prey4Me
Match Winner

Post by Prey4Me »

sorry, all i was ever given was yellow tape :D
Marrow

Post by Marrow »

nicolas.b wrote:marrow, i see remaining a moderator hasn't prevented you from working the noble trade of taunting your fellow moderators. nice work! :D
Hopefully I can wear Maj down! However, I think the plan is backfiring and I'm only sharpening his skills! Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! As far as the others, hopefully I can keep up. Prey4me is a speed poster, n54 doesn't understand what I'm saying 95% of the time and who knows what else is going of which I am unaware...lol.
you got me thinking about this 'muffin' business, too. like anytime i'm about to use a swear word in real life or online i can just substitute that word. so i could get terribly, terribly pissed off as i sometimes do, and just start ranting "muffin this! ...muffin that! ...oh yeah? well MUFFIN you too, pal." i could just be walking down the street, minding my own business, then realise i had forgotten something important and cry out "MUFFIN!!!!" and someone, somewhere might understand, LOL. (i'm not being completely facetious here, i really want to try it!)
It's almost like subby replacing his words with Dunnart. :wink:
a 'common man' and a certain fear of having any official duties (red tape).
You will moderate someday, oh you will. Even if I have to start a forum with just us two as members, LOL.