Ladle 41

A place for threads related to tournaments and the like, and things related too.

Moderator: Light

syllabear
Shutout Match Winner

Re: Ladle 41

Post by syllabear »

Gz YIDG, and also pru/tx for interesting wins
The Halley's comet of Armagetron.
ps I'm not tokoyami
gawdzilla
Liz of the many names

Post by gawdzilla »

Oops, probably should have said the "butthurt" was directed towards the "gz server!" people.
teen
Round Winner

Post by teen »

Z-Man wrote:Well, that was certainly interesting. A bunch of recordings for 0.2.8.3.1:

:O coincidence???????
Word
Reverse Adjust Outside Corner Grinder

Post by Word »

Nelhybel wrote:...and to Pru, uNk, and R for earning seeds! :D :mrgreen:
Cool, thanks.
I won something and don't know what it does. fml :<
syllabear wrote:Gz YIDG, and also pru/tx for interesting win
Thank you. Next time you'll get rid of uNk in the first round so we can shake hands after the finals, ok? :P

edit: wow i can choose our first server in L42? :o
Last edited by Word on Mon Jan 10, 2011 1:12 am, edited 3 times in total.
nara
Core Dumper

Post by nara »

INW wrote:It was in a US server because every ladle it switches...US then EU then US...

The reason u got kicked was to fill space for the playing teams. I got kicked once and I was playing the next game...Z-Man doesn't know this and it is ok...he can't know of 32 people which to kick and which to not. As for the ban. When u r kicked from a server, there is an autoban of 120 seconds.
Hey thanks for the response, but it doesn't really answer my question. I guess I'm not entirely sure what you meant by fill space for the playing teams. I got kicked at the beginning of the third match; both teams had all their players. My spot was only taken up by another spectator. Also, I had a uNk tag on; whoever kicked me knew I was a part of one of the teams playing. This post isn't meant to target Z-Man or whoever kicked me, just pointing it out so it doesn't happen in the future.
Magic
Core Dumper

Post by Magic »

Gz yidg hope you stay around to defend your title

nara zman has an autokick bot that kicks specs that arnt on the team he doesn't choose who gets kicked
Z-Man
God & Project Admin

Post by Z-Man »

On the R server, spectator kicks were manually triggered by me. I think I took reasonable care that nobody wearing a team tag (scheduled to play) was kicked, and for yitg I had their names all memorized. Mistakes happen, though (with the automatic system, too), especially if server space is limited, and for those cases I'm reachable over IRC or, of course, indirectly via your teammates on the server. Accidental player bans will be reverted ASAP. Things you can do to avoid accidents:
-wear proper tags all the time
-use your correct name. If I see a 'player 1' spectator in the score table, I'll kick him and won't check his GID.
-keep out of the server if you're not playing
-don't use smurf names.
nara: I'll check my admin client logs to see what happened. It's a bit complicated. It was on the R server, right? Not on mine?
apparition
Match Winner

Post by apparition »

gawdzilla wrote:Oops, probably should have said the "butthurt" was directed towards the "gz server!" people.
Talking shit about me as soon as I enter the server and calling me fatso, blonde fatso, fatface, etc. nonstop? Weak and cheap. And for no reason... As far as I'm concerned neither you or anyone on your team deserves the win or the recognition.
teen
Round Winner

Post by teen »

apparition wrote:
gawdzilla wrote:Oops, probably should have said the "butthurt" was directed towards the "gz server!" people.
Talking shit about me as soon as I enter the server and calling me fatso, blonde fatso, fatface, etc. nonstop? Weak and cheap. And for no reason... As far as I'm concerned neither you or anyone on your team deserves the win or the recognition.

:(
gawdzilla
Liz of the many names

Post by gawdzilla »

i'm heartbroken, everyone on our team was waiting for appa's approval.

i have no idea how i'm gonna get over this okay i'm over it.
nara
Core Dumper

Post by nara »

Z-Man wrote:nara: I'll check my admin client logs to see what happened. It's a bit complicated. It was on the R server, right? Not on mine?
Yeah, it was in the server that held the finals, which I think was R. Thanks for checking, I'm just annoyed that it happened to me twice in a row.

P.S. Aw appa you're not a fatso, blonde fatso, OR fatface.
INW
Reverse Outside Corner Grinder

Post by INW »

Nah. You can't pick your server Word lol.

But grats on the seed! I predicted it to happen lol.

I win predictions!
.Wit
On Lightcycle Grid

Post by .Wit »

Congratz and see ya at ladle 42 er'body.
Goodygumdrops
Round Winner

Post by Goodygumdrops »

garisimo wrote:VAN HAYES where the **** are you
:lol:
Well...I did.
PokeMaster
Match Winner

Post by PokeMaster »

I know there were some problems with lag and whatnot, but from my perspective, this was a really fun ladle (possibly the best yet!). R has some really close matches with every team we faced, and personally, I think we were playing some of our best, and so was everybody else. Holing was clearly a dominant strategy this ladle. YIDG tore us apart with it and i saw team.unk doing some really nice bits of it in the finals. It looks like fort is developing again! err, continually. Holing was introduced before, but there's still a long way to go with it. Existence is half of it, efficiency is the other. And then there's hole prevention and reaction, which is a whole other ballpark...

What I'm trying to say is: fun ladle, and I like the direction fortress is heading! :D

Edit: You'll also see 5 different 2-1 matches in total this ladle, compared to 2 total for each of the last 3 ladles. Evening out of skill maybe?
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image