Sean harasses again...

Home of the Lobster >-;;,ccc3

Moderator: DrJoeTr0n

TiTnAsS
Match Winner

Sean harasses again...

Post by TiTnAsS »

Ban this damn sean...first he starts several vote kicks then says lots of profane stuff and basically harasses all players here...check your chat logs i screen shotted but they didnt take :/
Damn, it sure has been a while!
DrJoeTr0n
"On a Roll. Paper wise."

Post by DrJoeTr0n »

Oh, I know what he does. I dont know how to reigster chatlogs on windows but i know from personell experiences. I do not know how to ban either.
TiTnAsS
Match Winner

Post by TiTnAsS »

I'm not quiet sure how ubt something to do with blocking ips through fire wall or semething...
DrJoeTr0n
"On a Roll. Paper wise."

Post by DrJoeTr0n »

once again. :?
Lucifer
Project Developer

Post by Lucifer »

Right now you ban by firewall, there's no other way.

z-man was going to work up a quick and dirty, and I think there's going to be some poll-spam protection coming too. At least, I did it, and then z-man said "not quite, but I finished it for you" as always.

Be the devil's own, Lucifer's my name.
- Iron Maiden
DrJoeTr0n
"On a Roll. Paper wise."

Post by DrJoeTr0n »

Alright then, I can definatly see what can be done, Can only tell me how to create a chat log? I mean i can read exactly what they are reading now, but its only for temporary. Then it dissapears. I may also make some more moderators if needed.
TiTnAsS
Match Winner

Post by TiTnAsS »

I already talked to you bout that joe :)
Z-Man
God & Project Admin

Post by Z-Man »

Lucifer wrote:Right now you ban by firewall, there's no other way.

z-man was going to work up a quick and dirty, and I think there's going to be some poll-spam protection coming too. At least, I did it, and then z-man said "not quite, but I finished it for you" as always.
Hehe. In that case, I set you on a wrong trail, the solution suggestion I gave you was way off target. My mistake. Vote spam protection was there all the time, but now it is configurable.
I added a bug note so I don't forget about the banning thing.
DrJoeTr0n
"On a Roll. Paper wise."

Post by DrJoeTr0n »

What I am probably going to do is talk to some of my moderators. I usually monitor what is goin on in the server for a good most of the day, but I also have a life. I've usually pop in when Sean is being is usual douchebag self. But he keeps quiet while I'm in the room so I have no reason to kick him. I'll talk to my mods about going on more.
antix
On Lightcycle Grid

Post by antix »

I guess I could mention that DistortGaming.com supports opensource gaming, and they rent out Armagetron servers with firewall protection and with a daily log that gets emailed out, aswell as viewing ability within the Admin Tool....

Basicly they will donated part of the sales (above the cost to run it on the fiberoptic connection) to the developers of Armagetron to help with their running of the site and to show appreciation for the work that they do.

Just an idea, its not really a sales pitch, but they do run it on a linux server, and if you are confortable using a menu driving system that you connect through ssh with (download putty.exe) then its all good.(I coded the admin tool, but it makes use of external programs like nano, screen and dialog, and the firewall uses iptables)

Just incase you're wondering why I mentioned this, its because I own part of DistortGaming.com and one of my partners and myself want to help out the opensource developers (since they will be the main community that brings games to more then just one platform)

I'm diehard linux only heheh.
(If any moderators object to this post of mine, let me know ;) ) Its in good intentions.

p.s the donations going to the developers isn't just a one time donation, it's a donation for each month the server is run.
In Nomine AntiX
Distort!
Lucifer
Project Developer

Post by Lucifer »

antix wrote: Basicly they will donated part of the sales (above the cost to run it on the fiberoptic connection) to the developers of Armagetron to help with their running of the site and to show appreciation for the work that they do.
You know, I'm not looking for an argument or anything, and I'm trying real hard to find a nice way of asking the question, so here goes.

Is there someplace we can look to see what you have already done?

My other question, is the game server you rent out a dedicated server for the one customer, or are multiple game servers hosted on the same physical box?

- Iron Maiden
antix
On Lightcycle Grid

Post by antix »

good question Lucifer, ok, since the servers arn't too expensive, they are not dedicated, but the servers cpu is always in the idle(meaning not overloaded)
and the bandwidth is well taken care of)

I run a server off the network for my dad, who runs microbuscity.com (currently in transit to a new and faster server and ip)

I could run a test server and login for developers only (just temporary of course)

I would really like to help out the cause.

here is a link to the admin tool faq: http://www.distortgaming.com/modules.ph ... s&id_cat=4

I just recently added rangeban support, but also the main menu is not exactly as shown, since this admin tool is used for all the game servers we run.
In Nomine AntiX
Distort!
Lucifer
Project Developer

Post by Lucifer »

- Iron Maiden