Armagetron is NOT dead, here's why and how to keep growing

General Stuff about Armagetron, That doesn't belong anywhere else...
asdasd
On Lightcycle Grid

Re: Armagetron is NOT dead, here's why and how to keep growi

Post by asdasd »

Game not dead no?
Game not dead no?
Game not dead no?
Image ImageImageImage
Word
Reverse Adjust Outside Corner Grinder

Post by Word »

That wasn't an uncommon sight even when I was still new, especially in the early morning of both Americans and Europeans...
ConVicT
Shutout Match Winner

Post by ConVicT »

That, right there, is always a common sight when I play.
The only server that I know will have players is Yellow Sub.
It's no wonder that's the one everyone tries to clone. Even I was going to and I even asked for a script to be made that would slightly change it but all in all, the same mechanics and everything.
I decided not to waste my money till there's more players.

Edit: Jinx -
Attachments
Capture.PNG
compguygene
Adjust Outside Corner Grinder

Post by compguygene »

compguygene wrote:Hmmm. I have been able to load the server browser and find people playing in servers that I find interesting anytime that I play, for at least the last 2 weeks.

THIS GAME IS NOT DEAD!
Thank you for proving my point with the posted screen shots. One has Mud Puddle and Empha's: both servers I like. The other has Empha's, a server a like. It may not be a lot of people at slow times, but people are playing. I host some unique WW servers that were originally AOT ones, mostly because I love to play in them. They do get occasional traffic. I have also seen an uptick of people using classic low rubber servers like Guru's, Armagoshdarnish, and Nexus9.
Armagetron: It's a video game that people should just play and enjoy :)
https://bit.ly/2KBGYjvCheck out the simple site about TheServerPharm
asdasd
On Lightcycle Grid

Post by asdasd »

They are obviously all AI's ConVicT...
Image ImageImageImage
ConVicT
Shutout Match Winner

Post by ConVicT »

They're my Ai's ;)

Not really, lol.; BUT.
It gives a good reason why we shouldn't use fake names
It would give us an estimated number of how many players actually play, without any work.
I know that nobody can be bothered with the work.
What does that tell me?
This game is dead.<(Full Stop). End of discussion for me.
/dev/null
Shutout Match Winner

Post by /dev/null »

weaklings do as puny humans does.
ConVicT
Shutout Match Winner

Post by ConVicT »

That's one of the most contradictory things I've ever read.
Amaso
Core Dumper

Post by Amaso »

Game is dead now devs get up off your lazy ass and do something for a change. Ads for example
asdasd
On Lightcycle Grid

Post by asdasd »

Devs do nothing to promote this game apart from talk there jiberesh shit on the forums .. When do you ever see a dev on the grid?
Image ImageImageImage
Durf
Match Winner

Post by Durf »

asdasd wrote:Devs do nothing to promote this game apart from talk there jiberesh shit on the forums .. When do you ever see a dev on the grid?
First of all:
their*
gibberish*

#grammarNazi

Second:
They may not hide behind PMs, but they certainly hide behind fake names.

. . . . .

Also, technically, anyone can spend the money to set-up ads for this game.
The problem is expecting a community, that chose to play a FREE game, to actually have money.
We could argue about whose responsibility it is to do that, but in the end I don't think it will matter if Armagetron still has the same problems.
I've said (and have been saying), the biggest issue with Armagetron is its community (get over it - the less you're offended by that, the more you can do something about what I've said).
There is a lack of what would be called "an environment of acceptance" - tolerance.

Put simply, this community is unattractive.
Now, that doesn't stop certain people from playing the game, but it's related to a common issue with people:
People tend to view the world, and learn that it is full of assholes. This leads to the thoughts that there aren't people who aren't assholes.
Eventually, the perceiver ends up justifying their own inappropriate behavior because:
- everyone else is doing it, it is only expected of them
- if they were the only one not doing it, they would be at a disadvantage
This relates to much greater issues as well (such as war and peace), but for now let's focus on this community.

To give you an idea of the magnitude of the intolerance:
My example depicted assholes, therefore let's assume that people are being assholes on occasion.
If a person is being an asshole, how can one tell that person without being considered an asshole themselves?
If the person trying to inform someone of their lack of tolerance or ability to keep a discussion more civil fails simply because the person receiving that message is intolerant towards the idea that they were an asshole to begin with...that seems a little unfair if you ask me.
It is like a fat person, more like obscenely obese such that their fat pours out away from their body and gets in the way of others, perhaps crushing them.
If a crushed person were to say, "um, excuse me sir but you're crushing me --", this community is the type to be like, "WHAT! Are you calling me fat?" (first of all, like as if the person was even trying to offend them; second, they can't pretend like they aren't fat so what's the point).

Being tolerant and accepting doesn't mean to allow yourself to be subject to another's harassment - but it also means to take what someone else is saying seriously without getting offended by it.
Not everyone is out to get you, or out to insult you, or out to troll you - assuming any of these motives just because you may hear something you didn't like is intolerant towards a different point of view.

Fix this environment, and the people will naturally grow.
It is not the responsibility of one person - everyone should be more tolerant / accepting of the people they are playing a game with.
^ this should be obvious unless your specific intentions were to discourage other players from enjoying the same hobby that you enjoy.
Think about why you're here; isn't it to have fun? Make sure it's not at the expense of others and things will be ok at least.
This message isn't to point fingers or give blame - it is to increase the overall effort each of us puts towards being tolerant of each other.
asdasd
On Lightcycle Grid

Post by asdasd »

Don't act mr perfect durf.. ive seen u be mean to "newbies" MANY times
Image ImageImageImage
Lucifer
Project Developer

Post by Lucifer »

Yep. See my sig. I'mttotally hiding behind a fake name.

Be the devil's own, Lucifer's my name.
- Iron Maiden
S0lutai
Average Program

Post by S0lutai »

You can defend this game all you want, but this game is turning into a real dead game in all honesty. I mean yeah many players on different servers but how does that work? Is it better having 30 servers with nothing but 1v1's than 5 or 6 full servers? That's not the game I want to play, not for my taste at least.
This topic has a lot of good ideas to keep tron growing up but what has been done besides endless (and a bit useless) arguing?
I usually get on tron and see a fort or sumo game going on; I get happy. Why because I like those game styles. I like fort because it is a team game and really, seeing the movies one can tell tron was rarely meant to be played solo.
(Taking off disc battles because that was a bi
ridiculous)

I know this game has been in development hell for an excessive period of time.

My worry is that, for whatever reason, be it lack of interest or a lack of players I just don't see the numbers of players needed to sustain a game, in game.
A tragedy is commonplace but in the end they go away.
Amaso
Core Dumper

Post by Amaso »

Their is no thaumaturge no where to be found so save your hopes. At the end of this post you fvcking idiots won't do anything. Here is an idea start a YouTube channel; with all those ladle recordings Z-Man has...sigh.