Ladle 85 Predictions

A place for threads related to tournaments and the like, and things related too.

Moderator: Light

Magi
Match Winner

Ladle 85 Predictions

Post by Magi »

Haven't seen one of these in a couple ladles now and don't think I've ever done one myself so I'll give it a shot

Round one:

Speeders vs Immortal Dynasty
The newly revived Speeders consists largely of a black cat's old roster and should be able to produce outcomes similar to that of their recent efforts. Despite Immortal Dynasty's recent activity on the grids in wars and pickup games, it won't be enough to overcome Speeders first round.
Winner: Speeders 2-0

Pickup Team vs Crazy Tronners
The defending ladle champs get their day started early by facing a tough opponent first round in CT. Titan, Fofo and Nubilous try to shake off the dust, while Wolf tries to play undisturbed by his parents. I haven't seen much of the Crazy Tronners big 3, gonzap, wap and beer, recently but I have seen Plee and Woned on and they both looked rather good. Their starting day lineup is all depending on who will be there and that may make all the difference. In the end, I think CT's team experience will be enough to get a close win.
Winner Crazy Tronners 2-1

Round Two:

Rogue Tronners vs Speeders
Quite possibly my favorite match of the day, it's almost a rematch of Ladle Finals 83, R vs abc. Speeders is all warmed up and ready to hit R fast. Playing in a NY server though, DGM can see things clearly and is able to center effectively vs Speeders, who will be missing one of their best sweepers in the past, Concord. The up-and-comer Sasafras will try is hardest, but the US server and constant R blitz will be too much for Speeders to handle in the end. If only Insa hadn't played so much Diablo 3.
Winner Rogue Tronners 2-1

Wild West vs Acceleration
After last month's impersonating fiasco, Wild West looks to move forward and take on Acceleration in their first match of the day. Barring any surprise Liz visits, this match should be a good match between newer fortress players and will be good experience for them. Unfortunately I don't know much about either team's roster or lineup, but I expect Johnny and Asdf to make a big impact for Wild West and lead them to victory.
Winner Wild West 2-1

Shhhh vs Serendipity
Serendipity has been training hard the past couple days with lots of wars and pickup games and WSTs. Meanwhile Shhhh has quietly added a pretty decent lineup of players, including 16, Roter, karas and 3b, as well as Tak and Theo who are on pickup almost every day. Will the recent additions of Lowkey and Yoda be enough for Serendipity to beat Shhhh's new additions? Time will tell, but I predict Serendipity to take this one thanks to their practice in the CT USA server.
Winner Serendipity 2-1

Crazy Tronners vs Blue Moon
A new team consisting mainly of newer fortress players faces up against CT's experienced vets. After facing a group of rather experienced players, Crazy Tronners finds little difficulties in moving past the new fortress players.
Winner Crazy Tronners 2-0

Semi-Finals

Rogue Tronners vs Wild West
Wild West is glad to have made it to the semi finals, but R is on a tight clock with some of their players and are looking to make this a fast win. The EU server puts vov at an advantage and allows him to play at his best, while Nanu's new dorm nets hold strong and don't repeat his CT Liv past.
Winner Rogue Tronners 2-0

Crazy Tronners vs Serendipity
Serendipity doesn't want their practice to go to waste and Gazelle is going to make sure of it. However the experience of Crazy Tronners comes up again and they make a strong comeback in the second match to give them the momentum they need to win.

Finals
Rogue Tronners vs Crazy Tronners
These two teams have been here before and you know for sure that neither wants to lost to the other. Unfortunately for R the ladle has gone on for too long and they've lost some of their players and are now scrambling to fill the void. Crazy Tronners takes advantage of this and makes R pay the price. Despite hard fought matches from R, Crazy Tronners return to victory.
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

bye
Nub
Average Program

Re: Ladle 85 Predictions

Post by Nub »

Opening:

Speeders:2
Immortal Dynasty:1

Speeders new roster looks quite strong. That being said, ID have some new blood that I think will make them a contender. I still think Speeders will win this one, either 2-1 or 2-0, but ID has the potential to at least take a match.

Pickup team:1
Crazy Tronners:2

Pickup team has some talented oldies on it. This match can really go either way depending on who shows up for CT. Plee and Woned can't carry the whole team though :P

Quarters:

Speeders:0
Rogue Tronners:2

Rogue Tronners always bring the pain. I think they'll wipe out Speeders without too much difficulty by using their superior synergy and communication.

Wild West:0
Acceleration:2

Good to see WW still fielding ladle teams. They will try their hardest to beat ACL down, but in the end I think the stronger players lie on Acceleration's lineup. It's GariSumo time!

Shhhh:0
Serendipity:2

Shhhh has some decent players on their lineup, but also some novices. I think sdp has been active in this path month (I wouldn't know because I haven't) but I know they are familiar with each other and are used to playing as a team. I feel like pickup teams tend to have a harder time syncing up because they are unfamiliar with how each member plays.

Blue Moon:0

Always nice to see new teams. Best of luck to Blue Moon!

Semifinals:

Acceleration:0

Rogue is really the strongest team out there right now, I'm not sure who will be the next team to take them down. Provided they don't royally blow it, they'll win ladle.

Serendipity:1

Provided CT makes it this far, I don't think we'll have a hard time with sdp. Really not sure here though, I'm probably playing favorites.

Finals:

Crazy Tronners:0

I'll be shocked if we make finals, but I'll be equally surprised if we manage to get even one match against Rogue Troners. I guess only time will tell!
Image Image Image Image
Nub
Average Program

Post by Nub »

Well, my predictions on CT's side of the bracket were extremely accurate... scarily accurate... I think the only one I really botched was Wild West vs. Acl. Great job today guys!
Image Image Image Image
Jrotc2012
On Lightcycle Grid

Post by Jrotc2012 »

nublet we won a match tho!