Bug when playing CTF on a v0.4 client

What do you want to see in Armagetron soon? Any new feature ideas? Let's ponder these ground breaking ideas...
vov
Match Winner

Bug when playing CTF on a v0.4 client

Post by vov »

Playing with a recent v0.4 client on a CTF Brawl Server (just happened on Peat's, but not exclusive to that) running sty-ct r773 (unix) runs into problems:
At the start of the round, the camera gets placed into a rather small square arena, no cycles or zones. Chat and console output is visible, the scoreboard does not get updated when players join though (not sure if scores are, but entering players are definitely not updated, leaving players are though).
This happens as player and as spectator. Someone have an idea what causes this? Is it just some incompatibility of styct and 0.4?
Light
Reverse Outside Corner Grinder

Re: Bug when playing CTF on a v0.4 client

Post by Light »

This happens in all game modes as far as I'm aware. I've had it happen in DF and HR as well. I can't remember if I've had it happen on the 0.2.8 client though. Too long ago. If you leave the game and rejoin, it will return to normal.

Is it happening often for you? I haven't had it happen for quite a long time.
vov
Match Winner

Post by vov »

It happens very often (nearly every round) on Peat's server, very rarely in others too. Only seen it on CTF so far, but I rarely play DF/HR. It only affects v0.4 clients on Peat's.
Light
Reverse Outside Corner Grinder

Post by Light »

I just went in his Brawl server and did 3 rounds with the bots, and it didn't happen at all. Maybe it was fixed on a later version than what you're using?

Here's the version I'm using:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/armaget ... pha_z2069/

Also, I'm on Kubuntu 13.10 with all up-to-date packages.
armia741

Post by armia741 »

It happens very often (nearly every round) on Peat's server, very rarely in others too. Only seen it on CTF so far, but I rarely play DF/HR. It only affects v0.4 clients on Peat's.