Education! (Split from Drawing Game)

Anything About Anything...
Z-Man
God & Project Admin

Re: Education! (Split from Drawing Game)

Post by Z-Man »

Light wrote:But the problem is, not many people care that bears are eating people.
Again, missing the point. Their argument is that people SHOULD care, and you are providing nothing at all to counter that.

Girls and Internet:
1. If you create a certain ecosystem, only life comfortable in that system are going to settle in. So if you say that those girls you know in the game are horrible people (exaggerating here), you prove that the environment is hostile to regular girls. Unless you can prove all girls are horrible people, of course.
2. Girls and people claiming to be girls on the internet are two different groups :)
Light
Reverse Outside Corner Grinder

Post by Light »

Z-Man wrote:Again, missing the point. Their argument is that people SHOULD care
I never disagreed with that. It would be nice if people could respect eachother online, as they should in real life, but I don't see any realistic way of solving that problem.
Z-Man wrote:Girls and people claiming to be girls on the internet are two different groups :)
You mean, the big hairy guy sittin' there talkin' to little kids ain't a girl? *disappointed*
ConVicT
Shutout Match Winner

Post by ConVicT »

Z-Man wrote: 2. Girls and people claiming to be girls on the internet are two different groups :)
As you sadly found out when you got her home :lol:

I know all about pretending, pretty useful tbh.
You know that server "Happy Fun Time"? Well you get brown potions which level you up, someone got one, i left the game and came back with a girls name, asked him for it, he gave me it, left the game came back with my usual name and told him what i did........He RQ :lol:

I Know 4/6 of the girls i meant through Facebook though if you're trying to say they're lying?

Edit: spelling mistake :oops:
Last edited by ConVicT on Mon Jun 03, 2013 5:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kinda Slow
On Lightcycle Grid

Post by Kinda Slow »

Lucifer wrote: In fact, I'm sure we could generate a list of meanings for "kill" that do not involve "murder". However, how many meanings can we list of "murder" that don't mean killing a person?

I declare equivocation!
I beg to differ. I don't think I was twisting words at all. There was no intent to mislead. I was just making an observation.

When I see a "kill" on the grid, I never consider that someone was murdered. I consider it the end of that player's participation in that particular round. They are still able to talk, and they will (if they quit the game) be back the next round. I have never seen anyone say they murdered someone on the grid, at least not that I can recall. I doubt that many people actually think of killing the other players when they core dump them. That's hard for me to picture.

On the other hand, the few times I have seen someone say "rape" it's always the same image. No other definition comes to my mind. When I see someone say it, I usually chalk that one up to the list of people I would never like to meet for coffee. My sole intent in wading into this muck is to say that as a member of the gaming community, I do not find this trend acceptable. If more people would say the same thing, maybe they would stop saying that it's generally accepted.
Light

Post by Light »

Kinda Slow wrote:On the other hand, the few times I have seen someone say "rape" it's always the same image. No other definition comes to my mind. When I see someone say it, I usually chalk that one up to the list of people I would never like to meet for coffee. My sole intent in wading into this muck is to say that as a member of the gaming community, I do not find this trend acceptable. If more people would say the same thing, maybe they would stop saying that it's generally accepted.
I agree, but to start saying it's no longer generally accepted, would take big change. In this small community, it's not as much of a problem, but in most gaming communities, it is, and nobody seems to think twice about it. I know they tried to pick differences between people that don't mind it, and people that just tolerate it, but neither are any better than the other. Neither one of them does anything to change it, so why bother to pick differences.

You can do your part, but in the bigger picture, it's close to nothing. At least in a place like this, we can keep our personal servers clean, and not have to put up with it. Although, I find racism to be a bigger issue than making light of rape around here.
ConVicT
Shutout Match Winner

Post by ConVicT »

Kinda Slow wrote:
Lucifer wrote: In fact, I'm sure we could generate a list of meanings for "kill" that do not involve "murder". However, how many meanings can we list of "murder" that don't mean killing a person?

I declare equivocation!
I beg to differ. I don't think I was twisting words at all. There was no intent to mislead. I was just making an observation.

When I see a "kill" on the grid, I never consider that someone was murdered.
When I see a "rape" on the grid, I never consider that someone was raped either.
ConVicT
Shutout Match Winner

Post by ConVicT »

I declare equivocation!
Well one iv'e heard all my life is: When someone finds something difficult, or very stressful to do they say
"That was murder"
Or if someone is really hungry they will say "I could murder a cheeseburger right now"
Maybe none of have heard these.
Last edited by ConVicT on Mon Jun 03, 2013 5:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Light

Post by Light »

ConVicT wrote:When I see a "rape" on the grid, I never consider that someone was raped either.
I agree & disagree some with that. While it's true that people don't actually mean it when it's said, it does still come from a position of having control, and taking over against them. I can obviously see why it would bother people, but without the actual intent behind the meaning, I don't see it as being as harmful as they make it out to be.

With that though, I still don't think it's a good way to express emotion when defeating someone. Plenty of better options.
ConVicT
Shutout Match Winner

Post by ConVicT »

Could always use this : I totally 01110010 01100001 01110000 01100101 01100100 you there!
ConVicT
Shutout Match Winner

Post by ConVicT »

Well as i said, i don't say it either, if you ever played against me you'd know i say "BOOM"
Light

Post by Light »

ConVicT wrote:Could always use this : I totally 01110010 01100001 01110000 01100101 01100100 you there!
That's not going to help anything in this conversation ..
ConVicT wrote:Well as i said, i don't say it either, if you ever played against me you'd know i say "BOOM"
I usually just don't say anything. :P Then I get called an asshole for not saying gf, ty, yw, wd, etc. Eh .. I get over it. lol
ConVicT
Shutout Match Winner

Post by ConVicT »

Light wrote:
ConVicT wrote:Could always use this : I totally 01110010 01100001 01110000 01100101 01100100 you there!
You're probably right but atleast if they said that, chances are no1 would get it anyway lol
Light

Post by Light »

ConVicT wrote:
Light wrote:
You're probably right but atleast if they said that, chances are no1 would get it anyway lol
QmluYXJ5IGlzIG1vcmUgb2J2aW91cyB0aGFuIGJhc2U2NCAuLg==
ConVicT
Shutout Match Winner

Post by ConVicT »

Light wrote: QmluYXJ5IGlzIG1vcmUgb2J2aW91cyB0aGFuIGJhc2U2NCAuLg==
Exactly.
Light

Post by Light »

ConVicT wrote:
Light wrote: QmluYXJ5IGlzIG1vcmUgb2J2aW91cyB0aGFuIGJhc2U2NCAuLg==
Exactly.
Which means, all it would do is cause people to pay more attention to it.