Hyper-Sonic Racing

A place for threads related to tournaments and the like, and things related too.

Moderator: Light

LOVER$BOY
Match Winner

Hyper-Sonic Racing

Post by LOVER$BOY »

The tournament for players to participate has been decided and I have decided to schedule it according to what the wiki reads. I'm still fixing up a couple of details to make it sound!

Visit: Hyper-Sonic Racing
Phytotron
Formerly Oscilloscope
Location: A site or situation, especially considered in regard to its surroundings.

Re: Hyper-Sonic Racing

Post by Phytotron »

Your config says CYCLE_SPEED 30. What's hypersonic about that? It should be at least 1715. I accuse you of false advertising!
Jonathan
A Brave Victim

Post by Jonathan »

Note the abundance of rubber. That means he's only off by an order of magnitude; probably just forgot a zero.
ˌɑrməˈɡɛˌtrɑn
LOVER$BOY
Match Winner

Post by LOVER$BOY »

Phytotron wrote:Your config says CYCLE_SPEED 30. What's hypersonic about that? It should be at least 1715. I accuse you of false advertising!
Talk about outburst. Obviously you would need to use brakes to go faster. As for CYCLE_SPEED being set to that, it's just a precaution considering most of my map's spawn points are right close to the deathzones. So, I don't want players to get killed the moment round begins and I want everyone (new players) to get the chance to get used to feel of hyper speed racing. I would've made the server go even faster (my usual is over 3000) but the camera settings won't keep up (especially _SERVER_CUSTOM_). I had my reasons to having the settings like that for a fun (annoying sometimes) game play.
Jonathan wrote:Note the abundance of rubber. That means he's only off by an order of magnitude; probably just forgot a zero.
CYCLE_RUBBER of 300 is quite enough to last you only for 2 seconds against the wall. That's quite enough time for players to have the chance to quick turn away and save themselves. So far, the ones who raced there, had no problems with that setting.

Besides, if you guys want me to take the turbo track to the next level of speeds, that's fine. I'll do it next time. I just want to see how it goes this time. If people find it a trouble to race with only 1000 or so speeds, then I'll increase the levels of speeds and what else can go with it.
Jonathan
A Brave Victim

Post by Jonathan »

You're missing the point. :)

But if you want to argue about speeds, I have mentioned before that higher speeds are equivalent to larger cycles or smaller arenas. It's really more about directing a speck than anything else.
ˌɑrməˈɡɛˌtrɑn
LOVER$BOY
Match Winner

Post by LOVER$BOY »

Yes, I might be. Just not in the mood to take your points, sorry.

True but there is this annoying bug that causes the cycles to disappear from time to time as we climb higher speeds. I have no clue how to fix that bug so I resorted to taking safety margins instead.
midnight792

Post by midnight792 »

How do i Become a Mod for the competition btw its me Dark Phx
DarkPhx
LOVER$BOY
Match Winner

Post by LOVER$BOY »

For the competition, just give me your forums login and I'll register you there as mod. :)

In the future I'll make a page so you can register your login and then use it in the server.