Ladle 57

A place for threads related to tournaments and the like, and things related too.

Moderator: Light

sinewav
Graphic Artist

Re: Ladle 57

Post by sinewav »

freako wrote:I also may not know all facts, but I do know you changed other teams players and also swapped team members after the ladle.
Let me try to clear some of this up.

Baylife followed the rules -- for the most part. Changes made after the Ladle are allowed to reflect actual events. While only Team Leaders may edit their teams, each player reserves the unwritten right to remove them-self from any team (but the correct Team Leader must place them on another). If we comb the edit history we might find some discrepancies. I'm not interested enough in looking for them because I don't think it matters.

Most of the rules we have for Challenge Board management are there to stop Super-Teams (multi-squad clans/teams) from gaining an advantage on the bracket by jockeying their players around after randomization. There is no rule about aliased teams. How can their be?

The players left on the Challenge Board who played for other teams, Olive for example, but this applies to vov-slash-potts; those players would be considered substitutes having not played for their original team.

But even though we are within the guidelines, this doesn't mean Baylife is clean. It is in very poor taste for players to leave themselves on the Challenge Board when they have every intention of playing for another, aliased team. It looks intentionally deceptive. Now, it's entirely possible that vov-slash-potts really did sub-in at the last minute. We'll never know for sure. But what we do know, is having aliased teams is ridiculous and serves no purpose other than to cause unnecessary drama. Remember that next time any of you consider doing the same. We know who you are. You're not fooling anyone.
Round Winner

Post by 1200 »

I've been away from Ladle for about a year so i don't know if there were any rule changes but since when is a player that's signed up to one team allowed to play for a different team?

And why should this be allowed?
Kijutsu
Match Winner

Post by Kijutsu »

1200 wrote:I've been away from Ladle for about a year so i don't know if there were any rule changes but since when is a player that's signed up to one team allowed to play for a different team?

it was neccesary to stop revolver from getting a 3 streak win, only sp is allowed to have this

that's why ct, sp, unk, pl etc all worked together to stop this from happening (they couldn't do this with their own clan, apparently)

it was life altering.

þsy
Match Winner

Post by þsy »

1200 wrote:I've been away from Ladle for about a year so i don't know if there were any rule changes but since when is a player that's signed up to one team allowed to play for a different team?

I'm not sure.. and, welcome back!

Kijutsu: Who are you?
sinewav
Graphic Artist

Post by sinewav »

1200 wrote:...since when is a player that's signed up to one team allowed to play for a different team? And why should this be allowed?
Large teams will sometimes add their entire roster to the Challenge Board, especially if they don't know who will actually show up. These extra players might not get a chance to play on their own team, so it's in everyone's best interest if they can be used as substitutes for an incomplete team. That's the intention behind substitution, which is not the same as player-switching to get an advantage in the brackets (though substitution can be cleverly abused).
Kijutsu
Match Winner

Post by Kijutsu »

þsy wrote:Kijutsu: Who are you?
liz, hi

no offense to the rest of sp, had fun playing against your main team yesterday
Concord
Reverse Outside Corner Grinder

Post by Concord »

we still don't know who won
teen
Round Winner

Post by teen »

gz !
Mkay1
Shutout Match Winner

Post by Mkay1 »

I find weeds involvement in this intriguing. Maybe he knew about this all along and was trying to stop this. Weed can only say!! Where are you?
þsy
Match Winner

Post by þsy »

Kijutsu wrote:
þsy wrote:Kijutsu: Who are you?
liz, hi

no offense to the rest of sp, had fun playing against your main team yesterday
Ah, hello there
Slickster
Round Winner

Post by Slickster »

LOL @ Over.

Congrats on the win u guys. Kinda annoying a bunch of people had to cheat this ladle tho...including people on the winning team.

I'm not saying anything should be done about it but it is sad to see this is what the ladle is coming to...A big powerhouse team like Revolver comes along and we have to cheat to beat them...??
-*inS*-
Round Winner

Post by -*inS*- »

Slickster wrote:.A big powerhouse team like Revolver comes along and we have to cheat to beat them...??
Wat
Concord
Reverse Outside Corner Grinder

Post by Concord »

Slickster wrote:.A big powerhouse team like Revolver comes along and we have to cheat to beat them...??
there's a significant difference between cheating and breaking a couple procedural rules. Team Baylife had the same rubber as their opponents. They had the same cycle speed. They played in the same servers. When they killed an opponent it still counted for two points and when they got killed, their opponent still got two points. They did not cheat.
PokeMaster
Match Winner

Post by PokeMaster »

Concord wrote:
there's a significant difference between cheating and breaking a couple procedural rules. Team Baylife had the same rubber as their opponents. They had the same cycle speed. They played in the same servers. When they killed an opponent it still counted for two points and when they got killed, their opponent still got two points. They did not cheat.
Very nicely said. +1. Gz Baylife you guys showed once again the effectiveness of quick holing and ganking.

On the "lying" matter as a whole, I'm not a fan of the methods that were used (as far as I know) to hide identities from the community, but it's not my business and nor is it any of ours unless you were in one of the clans/teams that Baylife players are in. Granted, that's 4 clans/teams, but those are internal matters for those groups to figure out themselves; it really all has no place on these forums.
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
win

Post by win »

I won the Ladle not whoever is claiming to do it. I won it.
winner of Ladle 57