Control Self Chatbot

What do you want to see in Armagetron soon? Any new feature ideas? Let's ponder these ground breaking ideas...
LOVER$BOY
Match Winner

Control Self Chatbot

Post by LOVER$BOY »

Hey guys!

This originally wasn't my question (not like I care about this) but seeing as my friend asked me about and it he was too shy to respond, I thought that I should do it for him.

From the question you can guess what he wants. Apparently he wants to change the CHATBOT_ commands so that it will only affect his bike and he wonders if that is possible.
Z-Man
God & Project Admin

Re: Control Self Chatbot

Post by Z-Man »

No. That would be (or allow for) cheating.
LOVER$BOY
Match Winner

Post by LOVER$BOY »

Cheating? :o

How so Z-Man?

I mean... it doesn't really bother me (I'd happily let my chat-bot do it's stuff) but how am I supposed to answer my friend without knowing how it could be cheating?
Z-Man
God & Project Admin

Post by Z-Man »

With the right settings, the chatbot is too good at solving some problems. Bot-assisted play is generally frowned upon, see aimbots in FPSes.
»Swag

Post by »Swag »

I see how it's cheating but its fun to play around with too? Thats a bummer I see people rarely don't want to confront names but they do use them and won't tell a soul how to make it or open source it... :(
Z-Man
God & Project Admin

Post by Z-Man »

Play around with it in local games, then, or on a server where the admin sets the parameters up for everyone to have fun with.
»Swag

Post by »Swag »

Z-Man wrote:Play around with it in local games, then, or on a server where the admin sets the parameters up for everyone to have fun with.

:o thats no fun lol...
Z-Man
God & Project Admin

Post by Z-Man »

Why not?
No need to post your answer, but if you give it to yourself, you'll know why we won't help you.
Jip
Round Winner

Post by Jip »

»Swag wrote:I see people rarely don't want to confront names but they do use them and won't tell a soul how to make it or open source it... :(
Yea, I also saw quite a few people using it in dogfight and other LMS servers. But I think it's a good thing there are no releases with it floating around - too many people would abuse it.
»Swag

Post by »Swag »

Jip wrote: Yea, I also saw quite a few people using it in dogfight and other LMS servers. But I think it's a good thing there are no releases with it floating around - too many people would abuse it.
I totally agree that it would be abused by others so I guess it's not a very ideal thing to open source it but is there some way to get it? I just want to know how to make it I know its playing with the gcycle.app and I got some one to make it but you know... "I'm busy" lol so I had my brother look and he found People on The yellow submarine using it but they had a ideal idea that it wouldn't be safe to give out but he is abusing it also if you think about it.. I said How often do use it and he/she said "Always" lol... Pretty messed up lol

But it's like a teaser like you want it but you know it's kind of cheating and you try to ask others and they act like if they tell you the world will end :| lol
You know it's like one of those things I've been wanting for a while but just took interest when I really found people who had it :)
That also brings up this :o
Whats so special about you that we can give it to you and not others so theres no real reason for some one to just give it D: One of those things you can only have a guide on :)

P.S to many faces is not a bad thing XD
Last edited by »Swag on Sat Mar 03, 2012 7:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
»Swag

Post by »Swag »

Z-Man wrote:Why not?
No need to post your answer, but if you give it to yourself, you'll know why we won't help you.
Because its fun to watch it go on other servers and play around with it like others do :P not abusing it of course I have encountered people who have been asked to turn it off and said never lol...
and then that defeats this purpose of this post lol
LOVER$BOY
Match Winner

Post by LOVER$BOY »

Like I said, it was my friend's question, not mine :P

I own aProject servers and I agree with Z-Man. If each player gets the opportunity to change the settings, that'll allow for the chatbot to become very good at mazing and do a lot of other stuff that it normally wouldn't be able to do.

That'll let the players to not play but watch as their chatbot does it's work and die if the other chatbot (or player) cornered it. Once the chatbot died, the killed player will complain that he was "Chat Killed". That's a famous complain and I hate it, seriously!
Z-Man
God & Project Admin

Post by Z-Man »

Locking before someone posts actually usable information on how to do this.