Tronners and weed

General Stuff about Armagetron, That doesn't belong anywhere else...

Do you smoke sometimes weed?

Poll ended at Sat Jan 08, 2011 8:55 am

Yes, once a week.
8%
Yes, once a month.
5%
Yes, once a year.
13%
Never.
74%

Total votes: 38

NIVEK
Average Program

Re: Tronners and weed

Post by NIVEK »

There's no reason to pick apart my every word.

No I didn't read the whole thread.

no, I may not have done allot of research.

the reefer madness comment was just a expression of my feelings, not a direct comparison.

the damage that is allegedly caused to the brain couldn't be very severe. no one goes dumb just from smoking weed, and the experiment done to determine the effects of marijuana on the brain were not very reliable, but as far as i know they may have done other studies.

I didn't post to make a worthwhile or meaningful addition to this thread I just felt like making my own comment.
ElmosWorld
Match Winner

Post by ElmosWorld »

NIVEK wrote:There's no reason to pick apart my every word.

No I didn't read the whole thread.

no, I may not have done allot of research.

the reefer madness comment was just a expression of my feelings, not a direct comparison.

the damage that is allegedly caused to the brain couldn't be very severe. no one goes dumb just from smoking weed, and the experiment done to determine the effects of marijuana on the brain were not very reliable, but as far as i know they may have done other studies.

I didn't post to make a worthwhile or meaningful addition to this thread I just felt like making my own comment.

tl;dr I didn't read or research anything; I just like weed and wanted to say it.

Did I get that right?
NIVEK
Average Program

Post by NIVEK »

ya pretty close. i haven't done proper research in a long time.
sinewav
Graphic Artist

Post by sinewav »

Then just say you like weed without making fictitious claims. You don't need to justify what you like, just grow a pair and say it.
NIVEK
Average Program

Post by NIVEK »

lol it really matters what stupid shit people say around here to you guys. i didnt even expect much of a reply, but i got every word questioned and criticized. I'll have to me more conscious of what I say.
Titanoboa
Reverse Outside Corner Grinder

Post by Titanoboa »

NIVEK wrote:i got every word questioned and criticized.
That's a good thing! Especially if it leads to:
I'll have to me more conscious of what I say.
Zimblunk
Average Program

Post by Zimblunk »

NIVEK wrote:lol it really matters what stupid shit people say around here to you guys. i didnt even expect much of a reply, but i got every word questioned and criticized. I'll have to me more conscious of what I say.
Good summary; quoted. And it's true of anywhere* you post on the internet, in particular if what you're saying is provocative or controversial. :D

*anywhere with lots of readers
Phytotron
Formerly Oscilloscope
Location: A site or situation, especially considered in regard to its surroundings.

Post by Phytotron »

NIVEK wrote:the experiment done to determine the effects of marijuana on the brain were not very reliable
What "the experiment?" Don't even know, do you? Pfffffffff. You are hereby dismissed.
Attachments
http://animalstalkinginallcaps.tumblr.com
http://animalstalkinginallcaps.tumblr.com
.JamesBond
On Lightcycle Grid

Post by .JamesBond »

This thread has been quite a read (I just read the whole thing). I like the picture.
8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)
The name's Bond. James Bond.
Shaken, not stirred.
License to kill noobs and chatbot.
8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)
NIVEK
Average Program

Post by NIVEK »

the experiment i was talking about (not that it matters) was the one they did with the monkeys and the machine they used pumped tons of marijuana smoke into a gas mask on the monkey. the way they did it could easily of caused brain damage from lack of oxygen.
NIVEK
Average Program

Post by NIVEK »

http://www.art.net/~hopkins/Don/hemp/pr ... othes.html here is one page i found discussing this experiment.
NIVEK
Average Program

Post by NIVEK »

hey if there are any other experiments done to determine the whether or not marijuana causes brain damage i would like to hear about it.
Phytotron
Formerly Oscilloscope
Location: A site or situation, especially considered in regard to its surroundings.

Post by Phytotron »

You have got to be kidding.
ItzAcid
Match Winner

Post by ItzAcid »

http://0-web.ebscohost.com.library.acaw ... N=69714907

Nice read on the damaging effect of marijuana on the liver (and sexual shtuff).

Edit: :oops: This is from a database that requires username/password. I'll keep it posted in case anyone has access. Sorry about that...
Won Tourneys/Competitions: WWG4 (Hmm, need more braggage like Durka)

Oo oO
tommy
On Lightcycle Grid

Post by tommy »

There seems to be a lot of mis understanding with marijuana. It is bad for you but it dosent kill brain cells. Most damage is done to your lungs. It only enhances your brain cells. And what the guy talking about the experiment with monkeys, hes actually 100% correct. Weed was experimented with monkeys just like most drugs are with animals to see the effects. What the scientists didnt know is that they cut out oxygen from them causing brain cells to die and soon enough death. Cigarettes is also WAY worse for us then weed. Thats a true fact. Weed isnt addicting. You dont get addicted to smoking weed, you do get addicting to the 'High'. But it's not as hard as quitting as every one thinks. If I did it, then I'm sure you can.

Anyhow, I dont really smoke weed and play tron. That sounds depressing. I'm more of a smoke once in a while depending on the situation kind of guy.

P.S. Theres actually a very good Documentary of Marijuana speaking some awesome Facts. Here is the link for you guys if you're interested. It's only 2 Hours long.

http://www.worldstarhiphop.com/videos/v ... set_size=1