bzr-svn sync issue: trunk-winlibs-work

What do you want to see in Armagetron soon? Any new feature ideas? Let's ponder these ground breaking ideas...
Z-Man
God & Project Admin

bzr-svn sync issue: trunk-winlibs-work

Post by Z-Man »

bazaarmagetron is struggling since a few days to get the latest update from bzr to svn. It's pretty big and so far, the update has failed every time due to the connection timing out at some point or other errors. I'll try something conservative first, but maybe I'll need to partially reconstruct the bzr branch fresh in a state that can be synced. Any copies of it you have would then go out of sync.

So, please: for the next few days, don't push anything to trunk-winlibs-work, and expect all changes you make to it locally to get lost. I'll tell you when it's over and you can pull --overwrite to get up to date.

Good thing it hit a branch practically nobody needs to be actively working on.
Z-Man
God & Project Admin

Re: bzr-svn sync issue: trunk-winlibs-work

Post by Z-Man »

The gentle way failed :( I'll revert the bzr branch to the state before the latest changes, meaning Windows builds will be broken unless you have a winlibs backup. Then I'll slowly recommit the same changes over svn and sync them over from there.
Z-Man
God & Project Admin

Re: bzr-svn sync issue: trunk-winlibs-work

Post by Z-Man »

And done. If you had a version of winlibs from the last week or so, do a "bzr pull --overwrite" now, the history up from last Friday has been completely reworked. If you hadn't updated, you need not do anything special.

The problem was just the size of the individual commits. SourceForge SVN is slow and connections from bzr-svn just timed out before transactions were finished. So: everyone keep bzr commits in the < 300 files and, if possible, < 1Mb limits. Shouldn't be much of a restriction for most things we do.