Tronners and weed

General Stuff about Armagetron, That doesn't belong anywhere else...

Do you smoke sometimes weed?

Poll ended at Sat Jan 08, 2011 8:55 am

Yes, once a week.
8%
Yes, once a month.
5%
Yes, once a year.
13%
Never.
74%

Total votes: 38

Spook
Round Winner

Re: Tronners and weed

Post by Spook »

Word wrote:What's worth more? Leading a long life with porridge in your head or becoming a member of the 27 club?

If you want to end up as a vegetable rather than suffering from cancer or a heart attack, there are much easier (and cheaper) ways to batter the skull in.

dude wtf are you talking about, yes some people have died from cancer cause of smoking, but there are alot of people who smoked there entire life and not died of cancer. And there are alot people who never smoked in there life and still died of cancer. and yes smoking causes cancer way more then a heartattack. but the real reason people die of heartattacks is due to stress and over weigh. smoking has very little to do with it
°DoCtOr°
On Lightcycle Grid

Post by °DoCtOr° »

Spook wrote:
Word wrote:What's worth more? Leading a long life with porridge in your head or becoming a member of the 27 club?

If you want to end up as a vegetable rather than suffering from cancer or a heart attack, there are much easier (and cheaper) ways to batter the skull in.

dude wtf are you talking about, yes some people have died from cancer cause of smoking, but there are alot of people who smoked there entire life and not died of cancer. And there are alot people who never smoked in there life and still died of cancer. and yes smoking causes cancer way more then a heartattack. but the real reason people die of heartattacks is due to stress and over weigh. smoking has very little to do with it

Right.
Slov
Shutout Match Winner

Post by Slov »

lol I bet when I get back home at 8pm today, this topic will be a joy to read :D
.pG (only like, the best clan ever)

my mixtape fire tho
°DoCtOr°
On Lightcycle Grid

Post by °DoCtOr° »

Slov wrote:lol I bet when I get back home at 8pm today, this topic will be a joy to read :D

lol :D
Z-Man
God & Project Admin

Post by Z-Man »

Spook wrote:there are alot of people who smoked there entire life and not died of cancer.
And a lot of people cross the street with their eyes closed and don't get run over. Your point is?
Spook wrote:And there are alot people who never smoked in there life and still died of cancer.
Not lung cancer, though. Today, smoking is the main cause for that. There's a statistical correlation and the causal chain is well understood. Science link. Anything that causes tiny particles to deposit in your lungs is a risk factor, and smoking does just that and is entirely avoidable. And trust me on this: Lung cancer is not a pretty death.

(And yeah, I'm also in the 'better one weed a month than 20 cigarettes a day' camp, for that reason. Better still is no smoking at all.)
theroze
Match Winner

Post by theroze »

Could you tell me the point of smoking? I mean, I passively smoke, but that's enough for me. Nothing good about it. It only feeds the addiction. And that's why we are having this game. For feeding the addiction.
apparition wrote:You being able to kill so many players that quickly and efficiently is evidence that the community skill level must be dropping... Sad :/
Reigning champion of: Sir-spam-a-lot 2011
°DoCtOr°
On Lightcycle Grid

Post by °DoCtOr° »

theroze wrote:Could you tell me the point of smoking? I mean, I passively smoke, but that's enough for me. Nothing good about it. It only feeds the addiction. And that's why we are having this game. For feeding the addiction.

Smoking with friends is sometimes cozy :) And smoking can calm you down...But at least smoking (i mean cigarettes) is too expensive and not necessary.
Spook
Round Winner

Post by Spook »

Z-Man wrote:Not lung cancer, though. Today, smoking is the main cause for that..
still man there are people who smoked there entire life and not die of lung cancer, and there are people who never smoked in there life and still died of lung cancer.
Z-Man wrote:There's a statistical correlation and the causal chain is well understood. Science link..
Do you always believe everything you read on the internet let me give you a tip, people put stuff on the internet that people want to see and read. and proven fact science's and doctors have made mistakes in there day. and they are not always correct on the information they put up either.

Z-Man wrote:And trust me on this: Lung cancer is not a pretty death.
Oh so you are a expert of how the death is let me guess you died of lung cancer and came back to life
apparition
Match Winner

Post by apparition »

Off topic. Rethread?
Jonathan
A Brave Victim

Post by Jonathan »

Spook, I challenge you to a dice game. If either a 1, 2, 3, 4, or 5 is rolled, I win. If it's a 6, you win. We can both win, so it's fair. Don't listen to any supposed science that refutes this.
ˌɑrməˈɡɛˌtrɑn
compguygene
Adjust Outside Corner Grinder

Post by compguygene »

Keep this in mind. Its not the THC (the thing that makes you high) that we are saying is the problem. It is the delivery system. One could argue that it would be much healthier to chew the leaves of the plant as people in Africa do for pain relief. To restate what Z-man said in another way: the problem is the delivery system! When you burn something and inhale it, you are sucking in stuff to your lungs. You could argue that only some miners have died from coal dust. However, all miners now wear respirators to protect themselves from it.
Armagetron: It's a video game that people should just play and enjoy :)
https://bit.ly/2KBGYjvCheck out the simple site about TheServerPharm
Z-Man
God & Project Admin

Post by Z-Man »

Spook wrote:still man there are people who smoked there entire life and not die of lung cancer, and there are people who never smoked in there life and still died of lung cancer.
That wasn't a strong argument the first time you said it. See Jonathan. For any crooked lottery, you'll find people who still win in it. That doesn't make it a good idea to play.
Spook wrote:
Z-Man wrote:There's a statistical correlation and the causal chain is well understood. Science link..
Do you always believe everything you read on the internet
That wasn't just a random internet link. That was a link to an article in a peer reviewed journal. It was written by a collaboration of scientists and checked by an independent group of scientists. A lot of effort was put into making sure the information presented is as correct as possible.
Spook wrote:proven fact science's and doctors have made mistakes in there day. and they are not always correct on the information they put up either.
Those cases are exceptions. Yes, mistakes happen. Wrong results get published. Sometimes, there is even fraud. But those cases are rare and important mistakes usually get caught quickly, and this would be an important case. It is highly unlikely significant mistakes were left uncaught. If you want to bet on the accepted scientific consensus being wrong here, I'm not stopping you, that's your personal decision; but don't expect me to let your misleading statements uncommented.

And if you must know, my wife's father is currently losing his battle against cancer, with the lung cancer component probably being the one dealing the final blow.
AI-team
Shutout Match Winner

Post by AI-team »

Slov wrote:well i believe its better but once you start it, you become an addict and you wont be able to just smoke it when you feel like it :wink:
afaik it's not even the THC that makes you become addictive but the tobacco , just like in cigarettes

"95% of people believe in every quote you post on the internet" ~ Abraham Lincoln

Slov
Shutout Match Winner

Post by Slov »

tobacco in weed? :P
.pG (only like, the best clan ever)

my mixtape fire tho
sinewav
Graphic Artist

Post by sinewav »

°DoCtOr° wrote:I don't want be really old ( i mean over 80) most people over 80 are lonely and unlucky...so i prefer to smoke joints and maybe die earlier...because of a heart atk or so
You're obviously too young to understand how ridiculous this is to say. You'll have regrets when you realize how beautiful old age is for those who lead a good life of love and compassion - that includes love for yourself and your body.

The truth is, leading an unhealthy lifestyle means you're just going to go through the problems of old age sooner. So why not put it off as long as you can? Why go through the pain of someone in their 80's when you are in your 60's or 50's?

:|