0.4 Featureset

What do you want to see in Armagetron soon? Any new feature ideas? Let's ponder these ground breaking ideas...
Titanoboa
Reverse Outside Corner Grinder

Re: 0.4 Featureset

Post by Titanoboa »

Magnie wrote:- Fix the "/command [command] [value]" chat command. It doesn't seem to work for me, and it would be extremely useful for instant chats. Like:

Instant Chat 1: floor_blue 5; floor_detail 2
exists,

Code: Select all

/console [command] [value]
if you want to make an instant that changes more than one setting, make example.cfg in your var directory, list the settings on separate lines and do /console include example.cfg in-game to use it.

Edit: or sinclude if you don't want to have all the changes listed in the console.
Z-Man
God & Project Admin

Post by Z-Man »

What doesn't work with /console for you?
Phytotron
Formerly Oscilloscope
Location: A site or situation, especially considered in regard to its surroundings.

Post by Phytotron »

Only "problem" with "mates" is that Americans (and presumably other non-english speakers) don't typically use that word to refer to friends.

Anyway, one thing I wanted to ask about: Making the 'B for Bookmark' in the Server Browser toggle-able, so one can remove a bookmark while browsing simply by pressing 'B' a second time on an already-bookmarked server.

Reasons: Sometimes one accidentally bookmarks one when s/he meant to book one next to it; sometimes one's bookmarks list is full and wants to quickly remove one in order to replace it with another. This, rather than having to back out, go to Bookmarks, select to Edit, manually delete, back out, reload the Server Broswer again, search for the new server again.

Trivial thing, but if easily implemented would save a bit of a hassle.
madmax
Round Winner

Post by madmax »

Phytotron wrote:Anyway, one thing I wanted to ask about: Making the 'B for Bookmark' in the Server Browser toggle-able, so one can remove a bookmark while browsing simply by pressing 'B' a second time on an already-bookmarked server.

Reasons: Sometimes one accidentally bookmarks one when s/he meant to book one next to it; sometimes one's bookmarks list is full and wants to quickly remove one in order to replace it with another. This, rather than having to back out, go to Bookmarks, select to Edit, manually delete, back out, reload the Server Broswer again, search for the new server again.

Trivial thing, but if easily implemented would save a bit of a hassle.
It's already in trunk: http://forums3.armagetronad.net/viewtop ... =4&t=19999
Winner of the How Many Pages Before The Lock® competition and a grand total of 18,93 euros in Euromillions.
Phytotron
Formerly Oscilloscope
Location: A site or situation, especially considered in regard to its surroundings.

Post by Phytotron »

sdoo perdóname

I guess I either missed or forgot about that.
Magnie

Post by Magnie »

Oh, the /console chat command works. Didn't know it existed. Thanks. :)
sinewav
Graphic Artist

Post by sinewav »

I would like the option to rename a player locally, in case of offensive/abusive player nicks.
Tank Program
Forum & Project Admin, PhD

Post by Tank Program »

Magnie wrote:when I brought up the "Mate List" and who I have on it, they started laughing ( I laugh at it too ) and I'm thinking, instead of having it as "Mates List" have it as "Friend List". If you think about what I just said, you'd understand why. ;)
There was a reason we went with mates instead of friends. I can't remember off the type of my head but I think it'll be in IRC logs. Something to do with copyrights/trademarks sort of thing I think.
madmax
Round Winner

Post by madmax »

Tank Program wrote:
Magnie wrote:when I brought up the "Mate List" and who I have on it, they started laughing ( I laugh at it too ) and I'm thinking, instead of having it as "Mates List" have it as "Friend List". If you think about what I just said, you'd understand why. ;)
There was a reason we went with mates instead of friends. I can't remember off the type of my head but I think it'll be in IRC logs. Something to do with copyrights/trademarks sort of thing I think.
There was a discussion here: http://forums3.armagetronad.net/viewtop ... 42#p194042
Winner of the How Many Pages Before The Lock® competition and a grand total of 18,93 euros in Euromillions.
syllabear
Shutout Match Winner

Post by syllabear »

How about some sort of "king of the hill" type zone, where if one team has more members in the zone, they control it and gain points per second (or per member in the zone, or even a mixture)?
The Halley's comet of Armagetron.
ps I'm not tokoyami
Phytotron
Formerly Oscilloscope

Post by Phytotron »

Fortress is basically a modified King of the Hill.

2005: http://forums3.armagetronad.net/viewtop ... 240#p35240

Earlier this year: http://forums3.armagetronad.net/viewtop ... =2&t=19978
Lord Pein
Round Winner

Post by Lord Pein »

Not sure if this counts as a specific feature but:

Adding two columns to the scores table: kills and deaths.

I think I should be capable of adding this myself, although I don't have too much programming experience at the moment.
http://i52.tinypic.com/11ipyet.png
Thursday July 22nd 2010: Airman's team beat Lizmatic's team in fortress.
DDMJ wrote:Good idea...but what if the arma player is Luke-jr :?
Word
Reverse Adjust Outside Corner Grinder

Post by Word »

hopefully this doesn't take a lot of programming skill:
Can you add a small preview monitor to the player menu so the player is able to see what his cycle is going to look like? It could spin around or move on an infinite grid. Perhaps you could already decide what camera you want to use, based on the perspectives shown in that window.
dlh
Formerly That OS X Guy

Post by dlh »

Lord Pein wrote:Not sure if this counts as a specific feature but:

Adding two columns to the scores table: kills and deaths.

I think I should be capable of adding this myself, although I don't have too much programming experience at the moment.
A client deaths stat is simple to add, but a kills stat is not possible without a new network message. The server keeps track of death actions (player1 coredumped player2, player1 committed suicide, …), and it doesn't notify the client of how it scored that action. All the client knows is that a cycle was killed.
Lord Pein
Round Winner

Post by Lord Pein »

Thanks, DLH.
http://i52.tinypic.com/11ipyet.png
Thursday July 22nd 2010: Airman's team beat Lizmatic's team in fortress.
DDMJ wrote:Good idea...but what if the arma player is Luke-jr :?