0.4 Featureset

What do you want to see in Armagetron soon? Any new feature ideas? Let's ponder these ground breaking ideas...
MrsKsr
Shutout Match Winner

Re: 0.4 Featureset

Post by MrsKsr »

Luke-Jr wrote:- Headlights ??
:( no
"You may say I'm a dreamer but I'm not the only one;
I hope some day you will join us, and the world can live as one"

“Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.”

I believe that to truly love is the ultimate expression of the will to live.
sinewav
Graphic Artist

Post by sinewav »

dubStep wrote:
I seem to remember there was some code in place for that already. And the bikes in the new movie have headlights. It might give people more freedom to customize their experience. I would never use it of course, but you know, if it was easy to get working, why not?
Tank Program
Forum & Project Admin, PhD

Post by Tank Program »

sinewav wrote:
dubStep wrote:
I seem to remember there was some code in place for that already. And the bikes in the new movie have headlights. It might give people more freedom to customize their experience. I would never use it of course, but you know, if it was easy to get working, why not?
It's like sparks. Quite a few people seem to turn them off, but I think they're useful for helping to judge a grind. Headlights could be useful for helping to see where walls are and stuff. (Cycles close to grid colour, etc.) Could we get the walls to cast shadows then? :)
Titanoboa
Reverse Outside Corner Grinder

Post by Titanoboa »

Ok here's a feature I've been missing:

Server/connection history. The 10 (or 5, or 15, whatever works best) servers you've latest connected to gets saved on a list (similar to bookmarks) and you can easily connect to them (like you do with the bookmarks). Server name should be clearly visible, and there should be a possibility of viewing ip:port.

uhhhhhh. is it clear what i'm trying to suggest here? =P
if you're unsure of why this would be useful i'll gladly answer that.
Phytotron
Formerly Oscilloscope
Location: A site or situation, especially considered in regard to its surroundings.

Post by Phytotron »

That's basically what the 'score' column does, more or less.
sinewav
Graphic Artist

Post by sinewav »

Phytotron wrote:That's basically what the 'score' column does, more or less.
I'd prefer the score column be replaced with "recent" instead. I've never found a good use for "score", even when adding my own bias (because it changes).
INW

Post by INW »

I have never found use for the 'score' or 'ping' columns...and also, the idea of blocking servers from our clients' master list should try and be added...I've heard it come up a lot and I hope that feature can be added.
Titanoboa

Post by Titanoboa »

Phytotron wrote:That's basically what the 'score' column does, more or less.
One problem with that is that it takes time to load the master list. And that some servers sometimes don't show up on the masterlist.

Shouldn't have to update the bookmarks list (which only holds 10 servers as far as i know) several times a week just to be guaranteed to find the server without looking up ip/port using the internet rather than the client.
Word
Reverse Adjust Outside Corner Grinder

Post by Word »

before this gets buried: allow server admins to export settings to a cfg file, please ><
Luke-Jr
Dr Z Level

Post by Luke-Jr »

Word wrote:before this gets buried: allow server admins to export settings to a cfg file, please ><
dunno, that would make it too easy for bad admins to avoid configuring their server the *right* way...
apparition
Match Winner

Post by apparition »

Player names = color of team instead of white
Last edited by apparition on Tue Nov 09, 2010 10:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Desolate
Shutout Match Winner

Post by Desolate »

Don't start asking for a remake of 0.3 -.-
AI-team
Shutout Match Winner

Post by AI-team »

Another Idea:
Sometimes when I am messing around with settings you should better leave as they are ( :lol: ) I wish I could set them to the default values if I notice the ones I tried don't work.
i.e:
"/admin cycle_brake_refill default" where "default" will always reset the setting to the default value.
Last edited by AI-team on Fri Sep 24, 2010 2:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

"95% of people believe in every quote you post on the internet" ~ Abraham Lincoln

Magnie

Post by Magnie »

AI-team wrote:Another Idea:
Sometimes when I am messing around with settings you should better leave as they are ( :lol: ) I wish I could set them to the default values if I notice the ones I tried don't work.
i.e:
"/admin cycle_rubber_refill default" where "default" will always reset the setting to the default value.
( I don't think cycle_rubber_refill exists... Unless you've made a hack for tron... )

That would be quite useful, AI, but sometimes I mess with multiple settings then I forget which ones they were... How about a "last used commands" command? /admin last_used [how many commands ago] That would allow me to figure out which ones I changed and what settings they were before:

/admin last_used 5
cycle_rubber_delay - 5 changed from 1
cycle_rubber_delay_bonus - 5 changed from 0.1
cycle_rubber - 0.005 changed from 1
cycle_speed - 15 changed from 30
cycle_rubber_time - 0.00001 changed from 10

^.^
AI-team
Shutout Match Winner

Post by AI-team »

Magnie wrote:
AI-team wrote:Another Idea:
i.e:
"/admin cycle_rubber_refill default" where "default" will always reset the setting to the default value.
( I don't think cycle_rubber_refill exists... Unless you've made a hack for tron... )
Hah :lol:
Just corrected it ;)

"95% of people believe in every quote you post on the internet" ~ Abraham Lincoln