Going through rim walls/rips --> Lag? Bug?

Mmmm... What's cookin in the kitchen?

Moderator: Lucifer

Jonathan
A Brave Victim

Post by Jonathan »

I've been messing with it for a while. I crashed my client (a standard 0.2.7.0) at least three times, but the server is still running. And I ripped a lot... it looks like that when you end up exactly on/in the rim everything starts getting messed up. When you die a hole is left around the intersection (maybe only if you die while still exactly on/in the rim). Others can't drive through it (they can get through client-side, but the server puts them back), so it looks like the rip is client-side.
Your_mom
Match Winner

Post by Your_mom »

yeah i was playing with jonathat my client (2.7 windows) crashed a couple times but the server didnt crash , lots of client side rips though.
Z-Man
God & Project Admin

Post by Z-Man »

Your_mom wrote:yeah i was playing with jonathat my client (2.7 windows) crashed a couple times but the server didnt crash , lots of client side rips though.
And lots of lag. The clients crashing and ripping is of course undesired. That must be the same bugs that crashed the server... I changed some settings ( disabling tight grinds :cry: ) that may prevent that. If that turns out to work, I'll add a network feature switch that enables the conservative settings only when older clients are online.
I'll also setup another test server with better connectivity on my machine at work, but that one will not be on 24/7.
And I'll open another thread for test server issues.
dlh
Formerly That OS X Guy

Post by dlh »

I was in 2.6, and I did not crash like Jonathon and Your_mom (I'm 98% sure Jonathon was in 2.7, too).