Where is codehunter?

General Stuff about Armagetron, That doesn't belong anywhere else...
compguygene
Adjust Outside Corner Grinder

Where is codehunter?

Post by compguygene »

I really hate to make another post here on this general topic, and I ask everyone to simply stay on topic and not spam. But I posit this simple question. If codehunter is in Canada, unable to use the Internet, then why am I getting not only unverifiable sightings of him, but verifiable ones as well? He requested a chat on MSN messenger with destiny which she refused. He, via IP address, has been verified as having visited a few tron servers. And most of all, I ask this: why did he contact destiny, when I requested specifically that he contact me?
So, I am going to assume that he, or someone who has contact with him will read this post. I am really addressing this post more to him than the community.
CodeHunter,
I have specifically asked that you contact me. I shall repeat the various means of doing so, so there is no confusion. Via msn messenger or email at compguygene@gmail.com, pm me on this forum, pm me on your vcl forum. Please do not continue to avoid contact, my desire to contact you shall end ever, until things have been cleared up. If you are innocent, please work with us to help find the guilty party. If you are guilty, please come clean, and the consequences shall not nearly be as severe as if you remain hidden. One way or another, the truth of what has happened will be known very soon.

compguygene
Armagetron: It's a video game that people should just play and enjoy :)
https://bit.ly/2KBGYjvCheck out the simple site about TheServerPharm
Van-hayes
Round Winner

Re: Where is codehunter?

Post by Van-hayes »

compguygene Said:
If codehunter is in Canada, unable to use the Internet...
This is the part that really makes no sense to me. From what I remember from the first topic, codehunter is in canada for a few weeks on business and his work has something to do with computers (web design I think?). So why would he not have access to the internet? I mean if your job has to do with designing website you would think that you would have access to the internet.

Now lets say he doesn't have access at work for some reason, if he is staying in a hotel most places give free access up here you just have to ask for the password at the front desk. This includes most major hotel chains, hostels, and some crappy motels even offer it nowadays. Hell, from my experience in most major cities there is at least an open lynksys to hook up to.

I live in a small town in one of the poorest provinces in canada about 30-45 mins outside the nearest city and at this moment i can connect to 3 different high speed wlan, not including my own. The only reason i could think of for him not having access is that he is in a log cabin in the northern Yukon, which is a strange place to hire a guy from the states to do web design.

Just saying, don't use Canada as an excuse for not having access to the internet.
http://www.internetworldstats.com/top25.htm
You've gone too far, turn back!
compguygene

Post by compguygene »

Van-hayes said:This is the part that really makes no sense to me. From what I remember from the first topic, codehunter is in canada for a few weeks on business and his work has something to do with computers (web design I think?).
Just to be more specific, Code claims to be an operations manager for Lowe's. Funny you should mention internet access in Canada. I have plenty of Canadian friends in-game, and the Net is quite pervasive there. In making this new topic, I am just repeating what Code has claimed. The point here is very simple, I feel that this forum is the only means that I have left to contact Code. As stated in my earlier post, this is really a personal appeal in a public forum. I do appreciate on-topic discussion of Code's whereabouts.
Also, to make this absolutely clear, there is no waiting for this to go away. No amount of time will pass and make this just wash away.
sinewav
Graphic Artist

Post by sinewav »

This is true. It's Mexico that doesn't have the in Internet yet, not Canada.

JK :P

I know this pretty much a dead issue now, but if someone put a RAT on my computer, and framed me for hacking, I would be completely freaking out and trying to hang whoever did it to me. I certainly wouldn't be like, "meh, it's just cloaklet... whatevz man."

Just sayin'.
Word
Reverse Adjust Outside Corner Grinder

Post by Word »

Rajinn at vcl-clan.com wrote:Hey guys,

I got the new Xen server today it’s up and running, had to do it quickly before my flight to Toronto left me. All server should be running and ready to play in! They should be pretty much lag free. The company I’m hosting with just moved the new hardware in, so it may not be just perfect yet, they kinda rushed me because I threatened to get my money back if they didn’t set it up quickly. I paid for the server last Monday and didn’t get it til yesterday evening.

Anyway, all you VcL – Promote the servers by playing in it. It’s ID free, so no worries of arilou coming in and messing with ya. Have fun and see you August 5th!

-Rajinn
...comments?
btw the link to the forum isn't there anymore but it's www.vcl-clan.com/forum
compguygene

Post by compguygene »

@word
I am also a member of the ID forums and am aware of the post in question. Also, a few VCL's have asked me about adjusting settings of their Armagetron Servers from the administration access they have in-game. However, some changes must be made by accessing the files of the server from outside of the game.
But really, this is somewhat off topic. While I appreciate your intent here Word, I want to keep this focused on the topic, Where is CodeHunter? My goal is simply that he contact me or this forum!
Word
Reverse Adjust Outside Corner Grinder

Post by Word »

I thought it's interesting that he is going to be back on 5th August.
arilou
Average Program

Post by arilou »

Never gonna let you down , never gonna tell a lie and hurt you:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NN75im_u ... popt00us02

:pacman: :pacman: :pacman: :pacman: :pacman: :ghost:
"Day after day, alone on a hill, the man with a foolish grin is keeping perfectly still" --- Billy Shears
Mecca
Match Winner

Post by Mecca »

arilou wrote:Never gonna let you down , never gonna tell a lie and hurt you:

Please stay on topic Arilou, thank you.

I really have no idea where Code is right now.
Cody <3
Match Winner

Post by Cody <3 »

way to spam? if you have info that you would like to share with the group and is related to this topic please post. Other then that don't post ;)

Also last time I talk to code he was heading to Canada.
Last edited by Cody <3 on Mon Jul 20, 2009 10:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NEW 1v1 Sumo SB Tournament SITE
http://1v1sb.weebly.com
Volcano

Post by Volcano »

Why are you adding to the confusion?

Code Hunter will be back whenever he gets done with his job in Canada.
gawdzilla
Liz of the many names

Post by gawdzilla »

Arilou, we all know you're a bit stupid in the head but compuygene asked people to stay ontopic and instead you're in here singing songs and posting youtube links.

STOP SPAMMING ARILULU.
Z-Man
God & Project Admin

Post by Z-Man »

I wouldn't overinterpret his silence. He may simply be horribly busy with the Canada trip thing, the server setup soaking up the rest of the precious free time. Likewise, 'no internet' may just mean 'no time to deal with this shit while I'm on a business trip'.

And one message bashing Arilou for the really silly post would have been plenty, thank you all very much.
compguygene

Post by compguygene »

You certainly raise a valid point Z-Man. I just wanted to make it clear, since he did attempt to contact Destiny, that Destiny would refuse such contact. And that if he wished to make such contact, he should do so through me. That was really the only intent here. We do all need to exercise patience and restraint in this matter.
OppOse
On Lightcycle Grid

Post by OppOse »

Code is on a business trip to Toronto for LOWES. This is nothing to do with computers. I think it is reasonable to say that hes not constantly working despite it being a business trip. He does check the forums occasionally, hes even messaged me on msn a few times telling me how its been, cause im canadian too and im interested in how he likes it here. If he wants to access a few websites or play on a few servers.. who are you to blame him? What does it matter? xD

You guys are getting way too suspicious I think.