Another game option for admins

What do you want to see in Armagetron soon? Any new feature ideas? Let's ponder these ground breaking ideas...

Should this new option ever see the light of day

Yes
17%
No
83%

Total votes: 12

rumpole
On Lightcycle Grid

Another game option for admins

Post by rumpole »

I was thinking about the /admin silence thing which is a good thing and then I though it would be fun to add

/admin player_ai player-name

which would allow the server to take control of a player using its ai routines which might be a little more fun than kicking out campers

and

/admin player_human player-name

which will return control back to the player

I know its a silly idea but it should be an easy mod and would be very funny when admins abuse it XD
Writing code is easy. Finishing is hard.
epsy
Adjust Outside Corner Grinder

Post by epsy »

If it's so easy, um, do it?
Paladin
Average Program

Post by Paladin »

It might be amusing once or twice, but not something I would like to see in the game at large. Warning the campers/explaining to them seems like a better option when combined with suspend than simply having computer ai, which has a tendency to camp under the usual settings, take over adding to the player's confusion. Similar to grinding in fort.
rumpole
On Lightcycle Grid

Post by rumpole »

epsy wrote:If it's so easy, um, do it?
It should be easy, in the code there are already checks for things like IsHuman() etc so all you server would have to do when receiving the command is alter that flag but...
Paladin wrote:It might be amusing once or twice, but not something I would like to see in the game at large. Warning the campers/explaining to them seems like a better option when combined with suspend than simply having computer ai, which has a tendency to camp under the usual settings, take over adding to the player's confusion. Similar to grinding in fort.
Paladin is probably right, funny for about 3 seconds so its probably not worth the effort.

I put up the poll to see how you feel about such a silly idea and I see that so far we have 100% no so we have an answer.
epsy
Adjust Outside Corner Grinder

Post by epsy »

It should see light once it is done properly.

Have you read this?
Luke-Jr
Dr Z Level

Post by Luke-Jr »

It should be easy to throw the player into a forced chatbot mode.
AI Teâm
Core Dumper

Post by AI Teâm »

cool the first thread about me :lol: :lol:

i think thats just a like you said silly idead , thats not helpfull , it only showsyour adminpower but if you wwant to show it to the others , there are many other ways :roll: :roll:
rumpole
On Lightcycle Grid

Post by rumpole »

AI Teâm wrote:cool the first thread about me :lol: :lol:

i think thats just a like you said silly idead , thats not helpfull , it only showsyour adminpower but if you wwant to show it to the others , there are many other ways :roll: :roll:
It is silly yes but could also be funny and I like a funny game :D