at last...

Here you can discuss Armagoshdarn, settings specific to it, what you think about it, etc.

Moderator: Verement

n54
MVP

at last...

Post by n54 »

had some problems but i'm finally here *shakes head at sourceforge mail server*

*looks at ceiling*

well guess i'll have to post someting useful later... :)

*off to choose avatar pic*
Tank Program
Forum & Project Admin, PhD

Post by Tank Program »

If anyone else has any problems getting their activation e-mail let me know... It might be my mailserver...
Lack-a-daisical

Post by Lack-a-daisical »

how long should it take to receive the email?
Tank Program

Post by Tank Program »

I don't know for sure. The mail server is running on the same system as these forums so it is probably lined up and sent out or someting. But, generally with the same type of mailserver but on different computers I have had it send e-mail in seconds, I would guess much of it has to do with the receiving end as well as the sending end. If it don't come in the next 12hrs post again and I'll activate you manually. It's just one of those weird things I can't explain. (Cause I'm not sure how it's supposed to work...)
RUDEBOY!
Match Winner

Post by RUDEBOY! »

I got my confirmation message in about 5 minutes dont know wahts goin on with everyone elses. might just be overload on the source server
Tank Program

Post by Tank Program »

For there to be an overload on this mail server, where the registration mail gets sent from, there would have to be about 1000 people signing up a day, cause this mail server is dedicated. (It runs on same comp as this thingy.) Anyway, I'll check the mail server logs and see what's going on on this end...
Tank Program

Post by Tank Program »

I checked the logs, there were none, so I checked the settings and enabled the logs. Along with checking the settings I noticed that the outgoing domain name was incorrect, so the recieving servers would have been unable to do a reverse look up to make sure the e-mail came from a good source. In other words, I think it's better now, but only time will tell. (I was wondering why I wasn't getting any notifications of new posts myself...)
lack-a-daisical

Post by lack-a-daisical »

well.. i still havent receivend any mail.
Tank Program

Post by Tank Program »

Well... I don't know. We'll just have to wait a while I guess.... I'll delete your account so you can sign up again if you want. Or, I can activate you manually... Your choice. I'm still wating on the logs some, so it's just to wait, activate or delete. Your choice.
n54
MVP

Post by n54 »

aha Tank Program that explains it...

i bet you 25 armagoshdarn ladder points that for example sourceforge's maileserver (used my e-mail address there in the first attempt to sign up) does a reverse lookup as an anti-spam measure :wink:

all servers should do the same so.. :roll:
Tank Program

Post by Tank Program »

Well, I think it's better now...
lackadadjflajds

Post by lackadadjflajds »

I choose.... ACTIVATE!
Tank Program

Post by Tank Program »

Your activated now, and I hope this mail thing sorts itself out soon. (Or, I'll have to find a better mail server or something.)