longer tournament

A place for threads related to tournaments and the like, and things related too.

Moderator: Light

Ricochet
Round Winner

longer tournament

Post by Ricochet »

hey,

Apart from the ladles once a month, and the infrequent TWC's (which seem to be dead anyway), i noticed that there arent really any long or "important" fortress tournaments.

As I wasnt really on the Fortress scene for the Spoon, I'd like to take part in something similar. Now whether this goes to the likes of the Kings of the grid thing Lacka suggested, or a new Tronic-style tournament is made, I think it would be a good idea to make one.

Any comments/ideas?

~ Al
Lacrymosa
Round Winner

Re: longer tournament

Post by Lacrymosa »

|AST| }{Alex}{ wrote: the infrequent TWC's (which seem to be dead anyway)
Yep, that's true. I talked to dez some minutes ago and he said the TWC wont happend during the server problems he has. The idea with a new "important" fortress tournament sounds good.
Tank Program
Forum & Project Admin, PhD

Post by Tank Program »

I think there's a significant organizational challenge involved that keeps this sort of thing from happening.
Ricochet
Round Winner

Post by Ricochet »

I suppose, but still something like a "Spoon revisit" maybe at the start of 2007 ...?
Canada
Average Program

Post by Canada »

yeah, i would like more tournaments, and ones that actually happy, probabaly fortress oriented though, check out the styball tournament (will link wiki)