New Moderators

News, what's going on with... Anything...
Tank Program
Forum & Project Admin, PhD

New Moderators

Post by Tank Program »

I have made some people moderators of various sections, to distribute what workload there may eventualy be. You are nicolas.b, Marrow, Majination, iceman, locutus, and n54. Welcome!
n54
MVP

Post by n54 »

*eek* yet another forum to moderate!

*sees my own participation drop dramatically* lol j/k :D

thanks for the vote of confidence, you'll all get to know me as a pedantic, grousing, quarrelsome asshole :mrgreen:

*goes off to see what magic powers i have got* *muahahahaha* :roll:
Tank Program

Post by Tank Program »

Oh yeah, you new moderators can see what you moderate when you look at the "Moderators" part underneath the name of the sub-forum, or what ever they are called. Also, what you moderate may change sligtly in the next while, but it will remain the same people.
locutus
Match Winner
Location: MST [Quotation: "No Good Deed Ever Goes Unpunished.."]

Post by locutus »

neat, I am all warm and fuzzy
nicolas.b
Grid Clown
Location: west philly Quotation: "Everybody's stuck being a moderator, but me. Sweet!"

Post by nicolas.b »

oh dear... well, that's very flattering but i'll have to think about it. i was unofficial moderator for an activist group not too long ago and i definitely got burned out on responsibility. at the visual pinball forums where i spend most of my forums time they've asked me 3x now to be on staff and i've turned them down each time because of the burnout.

basically, i'm just looking to have fun these days with no definite responsibilities. i often enjoy being a wiseass and from time to time i like to get off a good monster rant, things i don't think of being compatible with moderator status.

like i said i'll think about it, and thanks again, tank.

EDIT: not to beat this issue into the ground, but i don't think it's a good idea to have both IF and iceman on staff until they've worked out whatever the problem is between them. it could be very awkward in the future if they start up again publically, for example when this place has a bigger user base and regular users could be exposed to this nonstop argument between staff people. could turn people off and that would suck. just my thoughts...
Tank Program

Post by Tank Program »

Ok, nicolas, you are no longer a moderator, per your request. I have balanced out the "work" load (what work?) between n54 and locutus.
n54
MVP

Post by n54 »

i promise not to do any more redecorating (cactii etc.) anywhere else than "Programming - Anything else" the folder i will consider closest to my heart :mrgreen:
locutus
Match Winner

Post by locutus »

I can definitely put aside a short while a day to help out with the forums. Tank already does a lot, and thanks for mentioning Flash in the "other" dept node...
RUDEBOY!
Match Winner

Post by RUDEBOY! »

aww i wanna be a moderator...wait whats a moderator do exactly?
n54
MVP

Post by n54 »

umm we moderate, which is... umm because we are here ppl moderate themselves more than if we weren't sort of... err... ok, basically if ppl piss us off we can do stuff to them, like edit their posts... and if things get a bit chaotic we can clean up.... so i guess we're like some sort of janitors, ehh... janitors with a small pointy stick though, and the license to poke! :mrgreen:
locutus
Match Winner

Post by locutus »

hmmm...now where is that adamantium pointer I had?
Tank Program

Post by Tank Program »

Rudeyboy, if someone else doesn't want to me a modertor, you can be one :).
Marrow
MVP - Project Contributor

Post by Marrow »

n54 wrote:umm we moderate, which is... umm because we are here ppl moderate themselves more than if we weren't sort of... err... ok, basically if ppl piss us off we can do stuff to them, like edit their posts... and if things get a bit chaotic we can clean up.... so i guess we're like some sort of janitors, ehh... janitors with a small pointy stick though, and the license to poke! :mrgreen:
Janitor, rofl. :lol:
RUDEBOY!
Match Winner

Post by RUDEBOY! »

yay i can be a moderator! (maybe) I WILL RULE WITH AN IRON DELETE BUTTON!!!! nah just kidding although power does corrupt....