Help requested! Will someone read my research proposal?

Anything About Anything...
Olive
Match Winner

Help requested! Will someone read my research proposal?

Post by Olive »

Hey there,

So here's the deal: I'm a screw-up and most likely ******.

I was unaware untill yesterday that the deadline to hand-in the research proposal for my master thesis in finance is tomorrow. I managed to find a generic subject to investigate for which data is readily available. My problem is, however, that due circumstances I didn't get a supervisor assigned. This means that I can't get any feedback. If my proposal is rejected, I'm stuck at uni for another full year, including massive tuition fees to engross my already exorbitant student debt. Tronners are notorious trollers, but can be fairly enlightened too, sometimes. I was hoping if someone could read my proposal to give a few short notes, it's ~1500 words.

Please, help a brother out! :mrgreen:

EDIT: deleted attachment
Last edited by Olive on Mon Apr 11, 2016 10:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Olive a.k.a ZeMu, MoonFlower & chicken.
Ratchet
Match Winner

Re: Help requested! Will someone read my research proposal?

Post by Ratchet »

Just throwing it out there: a lot more people view your thread than you think.

Also, a lot less people are willing to ask you to send them a copy.

If you post the link/zip file in some way that the reader can easily access your document to see if they can help, you are much more likely to get some meaningful responses than if you require people to PM/msg you to get the file.

That's just my two cents, take it or leave it
"Dream as if you'll live forever,
Live as if you'll die today." -James Dean
Lucifer
Project Developer

Post by Lucifer »

I would help, you know, if you posted the proposal, but I don't know enough about finance as an academic subject to be of any real use.

Be the devil's own, Lucifer's my name.
- Iron Maiden
Olive
Match Winner

Post by Olive »

Fair point Ratchet. Attached the file to this reply.

You don't need to know anything about finance. The proposal should be written in such form that everyone can understand it.

I am mainly concerned with whether it is okay to 'replicate' a past research. Although I emphasize different points in my proposal, the basic premise and methodology applied to conduct the research are nearly identical. The other paper was written in 2001, I figured a lot could have changed in 15 years.

If you're giving it a try, please feel free to be as harsh with your critique as possible. I really need this to be perfect, no room for error anymore.
Olive a.k.a ZeMu, MoonFlower & chicken.