windows 8

For all the help you need with Armagetron!
adwe
On Lightcycle Grid

windows 8

Post by adwe »

armagetron don't work on windows 8 (how can fix it?)
sorry for my bad english i m italian
epsy
Adjust Outside Corner Grinder

Re: windows 8

Post by epsy »

Make sure you get your graphics drivers from Intel/AMD/nVIDIA's website. Those that ship with Windows are likely rigged not to support OpenGL decently.
adwe
On Lightcycle Grid

Post by adwe »

i try to upgrede my drivers from Intel website.
it dosen't work D:
pls upgrede armagetron for windows 8
delinquent
Match Winner

Post by delinquent »

You should probably do a fresh Windows 8 install. Epsy just said that armagetron already works with windows 8 - and I have proven that already. It is most likely that you also have a "branded build" of windows 8. Try getting a clean copy, they are fairly cheap.
adwe
On Lightcycle Grid

Post by adwe »

delinquent wrote:You should probably do a fresh Windows 8 install. Epsy just said that armagetron already works with windows 8 - and I have proven that already. It is most likely that you also have a "branded build" of windows 8. Try getting a clean copy, they are fairly cheap.
no, i have a original copy of windows 8.
D:
plss!!!
AI-team
Shutout Match Winner

Post by AI-team »

@adwe: scrivi un messaggio a "hoop",egli parla italiano. scusi ma il mio itliano non e più bene :P

"95% of people believe in every quote you post on the internet" ~ Abraham Lincoln

epsy
Adjust Outside Corner Grinder

Post by epsy »

delinquent wrote:Epsy just said that armagetron already works with windows 8 - and I have proven that already.
I have not, but if you tested it... Anything worth pointing out? What drivers do you use, and for what chip?
delinquent
Match Winner

Post by delinquent »

Oh, I thought you were implying that it did. Well, I used the default drivers which were somewhat compatible with my old Radeon HD 4850 (God rest his soul), on an ATI chipset (I say that because apparently MSI and nVidia also do shipsets for this card model)

I got an actually readable FPS recording, of between 350-400 FPS, with most options turned on or high. I've tested both with the RC release and with pro, both work flawlessly. I would suggest the XP drivers for most cards, however, as win8 uses a modified win7 controlset driver, which does not allow for manual fan control on most cards. I've seen the same report dotted around the place, but it's not an issue unless you play something high-intensity.

Other than that one issue, I'm very impressed with Win8 graphic dynamics. They've been rebuilt with WinXP as a base, using the more modern integers from Win7 to calculate pixel bridges (is that what they are called?) and colour frequency. Driver response time is good, load intensity is down by a huge percentage and it's compatible with, at a guess, 90% of the market. This includes tablet display drivers. I've also seen win8 perform on a tablet designed for windows 2k, and it di much better than I would have expected.

If only it was that simple, I would upgrade.