Map Load Failure?

For all the help you need with Armagetron!
TheIsaiahCC
On Lightcycle Grid

Map Load Failure?

Post by TheIsaiahCC »

I keep getting this message. I looked up the URL here and copied the contents into a notepad and made it an xml, renamed it to what it should be and tried it but I think I did it wrong. Really appreciate some help, its only on CTF maps. But in *Happy Fun Time* I can play CTF for some reason.
Attachments
Someone fucking help me.png
sinewav
Graphic Artist

Re: Map Load Failure?

Post by sinewav »

Can you attach the file you made and give us the directory you placed it in? Also, a less vulgar file name would make people more inclined to help. Just saying.
kyle
Reverse Outside Corner Grinder
Location: Indiana, USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe, Multiverse

Post by kyle »

you are most likely missing thease 2 lines at the start, now 100% sure what you are doing though so i may be wrong, also that is just a dummy maps that is http://lagtest.net/maps/ctfsty-0.0.2.aamap.xml (it won't work on a sty based server as you intend, balls ans zones have been stripped)

Code: Select all

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1" standalone="no"?>
<!DOCTYPE Resource SYSTEM "AATeam/map-0.2.8.0.dtd">
another posible problem is you may for some reason not have this dtd. I don't think that is it though.

A final option is remove your cashed map file (Your_mom/clever/ctfsty-0.0.2.aamap.xml) and use

Code: Select all

RINCLUDE Your_mom/clever/ctfsty-0.0.2.aamap.xml(http://crazy-tronners.com/resource/Your_mom/clever/ctfsty-0.0.2.aamap.xml)
TheIsaiahCC
On Lightcycle Grid

Post by TheIsaiahCC »

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1" standalone="no"?>
<!DOCTYPE Resource SYSTEM "AATeam/map-0.2.8.0.dtd">

adding that code at the beginning worked! Thank you very much.

And sorry about the vulgar picture name. -_- I didn't know it would post the title.
sinewav
Graphic Artist

Post by sinewav »

TheIsaiahCC wrote:And sorry about the vulgar picture name. -_- I didn't know it would post the title.
Haha, don't worry about it. Now you know for next time! :)