fps problems

For all the help you need with Armagetron!
orion
Match Winner

fps problems

Post by orion »

I have a netbook, i can have more than 200 fps but it slowly comes to less than 40 when other walls appears and i cant play. I tried configuring all Arma and i had some results but its not enought. What can i do outside the game to improve my fps and make it stable (i just want 59 as usual dont need more) thats could be a progran or i dont know, hope you can help me.
Thanks!
delinquent
Match Winner

Re: fps problems

Post by delinquent »

Netbooks generally aren't powerful enough to render 3d graphics. You might try opening task manager and closing as many processes as you can safely do so, but I doubt it will make much difference. Generally speaking, if you have a netbook you're better off running Linux, and buying a magnifying glass.
Phytotron
Formerly Oscilloscope
Location: A site or situation, especially considered in regard to its surroundings.

Re: fps problems

Post by Phytotron »

Same old same old.

Turn off the sky, sparks, explosions, alpha blending, and mirror. Turn off all floor texture and detail. All the aforementioned kill framerate. Walls and objects textures are usually fine, but if not turn those off, too. Run at your native resolution. Turn v-sync on, and swap mode to 'finish.' Using the texture pack instead of the moviepack seems to help a bit. Swap in lo-res textures, if necessary.

Have you done all that?

What are the specs of this netbook?