Cant reach master servers

For all the help you need with Armagetron!
Dr.Penguin

Cant reach master servers

Post by Dr.Penguin »

When i open tron up and try to go online it keeps saying cant reach master servers and i know its not my connection or anything
Z-Man
God & Project Admin

Re: Cant reach master servers

Post by Z-Man »

Both my masters saw you connecting just fine not too long ago, and nothing has changed with them since then. Your antivirus/antispyware/firewall thing may have picked up AA as a false positive malicious program trying to phone home. Check them for blocks of port 4533, the port the masters listen on. And of course of armagetronad.exe. And if you have anything by the name of Norton installed, get rid of it.
Dr.Penguin

Post by Dr.Penguin »

its weird because it started doing it this morning and still doing it now
Z-Man
God & Project Admin

Post by Z-Man »

Definitely, but I reiterate: BOTH my servers have records of you getting a perfecly good list from them, BOTH stopped showing you, no more connection attempts and all. And they operate independently, different CPUs, different OS versions, different infrastructure. It is very unlikely the problem is on their end. It can happen that random connectivity issues/rogue firewalls prevent signals from specific IPs from reaching one server, but two at once would be a huge coincidence, and there still is Tank's master.