Alpha Project

Topics and posts about all other servers...
LOVER$BOY
Match Winner

Alpha Project

Post by LOVER$BOY »

Hello tronners!

I'm here to proudly present to you a server that is called "Alpha Project".

It is a project full of fantastic and wild modes and settings (not server). The current one that is being hosted hosts High Rubber fortress, a mode that involves a bit of high rubber settings but keeps the general fortress rules intact. Just like that mode, I've developed many more modes that are just waiting for a server to host them which my hoster said he will provide once he is done doign his personal work.

Alpha Project started at the start of the year when I was inspired by my friend, Wik, when he demonstrated his crazy adventure settings and maps when I entered his home server for huge lags :P Since then I started to have the idea of making an amazing modes that were never tested or even tried before. of-course, this involves me trying very hard to make modes. Currently I've made 12 modes (working on the 13th one currently).

I was looking around for people to see if they can host my project but to no avail. They asked for payment but my parents don't give me money and I'm far too busy to even thinking about working. So, my luck or something else but I finally found a hoster. His name is .h8d.fman32! For a few days, he and I tirelessly worked on bringing up the server up. The first server was the High Rubber Fortress mode, we worked on the map rotation script because there were like ten maps which now increased to 13!. I provided the script by making a few adjustments to kyle's own script (his was a random rotation while mine was an ordered rotator). Later we struggled to figure out the ladder script. I was amazed at how much brain I have seeing as I don't remember a lot of php any more!

Now the server has ladder logging and soon fman32 and I will be uploading to my forums website which is: Alpha Project.

So far we had many visitors on the first day of release and they all liked the server immediately. A few days later, I came up with the idea of having moderators to watch over the server while we (I and fman32) are away. So I started to hand out the user_level to a few people. Last night I thought "Why not give the chance for everyone?" and so I worked on a request form which I completed just now. It's a form that you use to request your own logins by providing your the username your want, password of your choice and email for me to contact to. Once I've received your request, I will add them to the logins and you'll automatically be able to start using the powers although it's very limited. You will have the level 5 which is "Project Watcher". After some time, seeing your performance, I or fman32 will increase your level into the user_level and you might reach the level of "Project Moderator: Professional"

In the server, my ping is usually around 250 - 280 which is good considering as long as it doesn't go above 300 which is when I start to get heavy lag. My ping is like that because I'm from Australia but from the others countries, your ping will be low and I can assure all of you that the server doesn't even lag the slightest!

Well I do hope to see more players going into the "Alpha Project" server!
Phytotron
Formerly Oscilloscope
Location: A site or situation, especially considered in regard to its surroundings.

Re: ..../\____/\^|Alpha Project|^/\____/\....

Post by Phytotron »

This should be in the new Servers -> Others section.
Z-Man
God & Project Admin

Re: Alpha Project

Post by Z-Man »

And have less annoying characters in the title. Done both. But otherwise, nice.
Zimblunk
Average Program

Post by Zimblunk »

LOVER$BOY wrote:I've developed many more modes that are just waiting for a server to host them which my hoster said he will provide once he is done doing his personal work.
Can't wait for the other game modes :D

Surprise 1: Oh! This is hosted by the Tronners clan!

Surprise 2: Oh! You're from Australia!
LOVER$BOY
Match Winner

Post by LOVER$BOY »

Thanks you guys :)

@Zimblunk I'm sure you'll love them :D
LOVER$BOY
Match Winner

Post by LOVER$BOY »

I've updated all of my modes so that you can read the descriptions :)
Zimblunk
Average Program

Post by Zimblunk »

Neat. (I assume these are the descriptions?)

Question: is there a way to change the game modes from High Rubber Fort? I'd like to try out that "Advanced Space Racing" thing. :P
LOVER$BOY
Match Winner

Post by LOVER$BOY »

Well Zim, the mode will be available once a server comes out under it's mode. Just look under options and you'll know ;)

Also, people who read this ... please register and make posts where you want except the modes section :P
LOVER$BOY
Match Winner

Post by LOVER$BOY »

High Rubber Fortress Ladder is up!
LOVER$BOY
Match Winner

Post by LOVER$BOY »

Second Alpha Project server is up as well and it's Advanced Space Racing.

Want to know what it is? Then go here: Alpha Project: Advanced Space Racing
LOVER$BOY
Match Winner

Post by LOVER$BOY »

Can anyone please give me tips on how to promote my servers like "Afro's High Rubber" or "Crazy Tronners Wild Fortress" ?
LOVER$BOY
Match Winner

Post by LOVER$BOY »

I've uploaded demo videos on the current two servers that are online for everyone to play in. They are:

High Rubber Fortress: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X1dcblZptQ4
Advanced Space Racing : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MOv-2ZNedM0

I hope the videos aren't boring!
LOVER$BOY
Match Winner

Post by LOVER$BOY »

My original domain alphaproject.au.tc was broken so I got a new domain and am hosting it elsewhere to my previous location.

The new website is http://alphaproject.pro.tc . Please visit by sometimes :)
compguygene
Adjust Outside Corner Grinder

Post by compguygene »

The best way to promote the server is to get people to camp out there and drag people to your server. That is how Velocity does it, for example.
Armagetron: It's a video game that people should just play and enjoy :)
https://bit.ly/2KBGYjvCheck out the simple site about TheServerPharm
LOVER$BOY
Match Winner

Post by LOVER$BOY »

right thanks for the tip comp :)