Dwarf Fortress - Losing is fun

Anything About Anything...
Your_mom
Match Winner

Dwarf Fortress - Losing is fun

Post by Your_mom »

This post has nothing to do with Armagetron, it's about an entirely different game.

I recently got into playing
Dwarf fortress. Its a fun game with ascii(ish) visuals. As we all know (i'm assuming) in the arma community graphics don't matter when the core of the game is simple (yet highly configurable) robust and fun.

Warning:The game has a steep learning course and it doesn't provide the most intuitive interface.

That said, i've found it to be a great time waster. If you have an imagination this game can tell you deep graphical stories of dwarves,elves,goblins, and (flightless)dragons.

Perhaps in January(after the holidays) we can get a game like Boatmurdered together, where we each take a turn (playing for a game year each turn) expanding and building a single fortress while telling its unique story.
pike
Round Winner

Re: Dwarf Fortress - Losing is fun

Post by pike »

Looks great, but I think I wasted far too much time on ADOM and Nethack already. I'll give it a try though (if you won't see me on the grid next few weeks you know who's to blame :P).

Is Boatmurdered going to be multiplayer? I used to play some MUD based on Terry Prattchett's world and it was fun as hell. Sadly (or luckily) I haven't had much time then and lost interest in it :)

(oh boy, the world of the game looks huge)