Problem with Master server 4? Works on other lists.

Post here if you need help setting up your server, etc.
Al's Used Cars
On Lightcycle Grid

Problem with Master server 4? Works on other lists.

Post by Al's Used Cars »

|FA| Clan Server Å Shrinkin-Angels

Master server 2 lists this server, but not master 4. That means it is visible only to americans. It can be custom-connected to, but I don't understand why one master server would not list it.

the cc nfo:
206.222.31.250, port 4534
Tank Program
Forum & Project Admin, PhD

Post by Tank Program »

I do not know why master4 is not listing it either. It lists servers on that ip on ports 4535, 4536, 4537, 4538, and 4539. The last time the server on port 4534 was heard from was the 18th. I just tried to custom connect to the server on 4534 from where I am and it caused my AA to hang.
Al's Used Cars
On Lightcycle Grid

Post by Al's Used Cars »

rebooted, pls check again
Tank Program
Forum & Project Admin, PhD

Post by Tank Program »

No change.
Al's Used Cars
On Lightcycle Grid

Post by Al's Used Cars »

think its there now for all servers

it may have been an issue with the overrides. I was trying to make sure that everyone could get in by setting all the overrides... and almost no one could even see it... thats ironic.

maybe this information could be useful to others. IE, what does 0 do? What does 1 do?

So, don't set your override cmds to 0 : it will block out master servers as well as older clients...
epsy
Adjust Outside Corner Grinder

Post by epsy »

i got such problems some days ago with masters...i think the problem is related to some DNS service f*cking up
wrtlprnft
Reverse Outside Corner Grinder

Post by wrtlprnft »

Al's Used Cars wrote:maybe this information could be useful to others. IE, what does 0 do? What does 1 do?
In fact it's explained in the documentation that should be included with every install of arma:
Version Control

Server and client do not need to be of the same version. With default settings, the current server is compatible with clients down to 0.2.0, and the current client with servers down to 0.2.0. Obviously, some new settings were introduced since then; if you change them away from the default, three things can happen when an old client connects:
  • Variant 0: Nothing. The old client is allowed to connect, and the setting stays like it was. It's the player's problem if something goes wrong.
  • Variant 1: The offending setting automatically reverts to its default value.
  • Variant 2: The old client is not allowed to connect. The player is already informed of that in the server browser.
You will be informed on the console when you change one of the affected settings which variant will be used for it, and clients up to which version are affected.

[…]

Customizing Version Control

Which of the three behavior variants is used for settings of the five categories is determined by the SETTING_LEGACY_BEHAVIOR_ settings in settings.cfg. The default settings block old clients on Breaking, Bumpy and Cheating settings (Variant 2), and ignore possible conflicts for Annoying and Visual settings (Variant 0). To override the group defaults, you can define exceptions for single settings; if you want to revert the setting FOO to its default when an old client connects, then you set FOO_OVERRIDE to 1.

[…]
There's no place like ::1