A vote to create an appeals process for ladle bans

A place for threads related to tournaments and the like, and things related too.

Moderator: Light

Durf
Match Winner

Re: A vote to create an appeals process for ladle bans

Post by Durf »

I'm actually not all that interested in voting.
Like I said, I'd prefer rewriting the rules in such a way that there's no chance for a faulty sentence to be given; no need for an appeal.
When it comes to the vote itself, I was just suggesting a way to keep it relevant to the affected players.

But to answer your question, I'm currently associated with KSI.
Their team leader(s) are D33P and Toast.
So they would get a vote?

(just realized that you meant the vote for this thread, not a vote in an appeal process - in which case, consider my vote for this thread representing myself. I don't know how KSI feels about the rules / voting / appeals. I'm representing tronners concerned about ladle. Meaning, if a KSI leader posts something different, please consider that vote for the KSI team, rather than mine)

. . . . .

Hmm, I see the problem ppotter. Shame really.
Too bad there isn't enough statistical data from each tournament (a way to look up each tournament, and/or each player - history of each, etc..)
In fact, I was thinking about making some kinda website to do such a thing, but I'm not quite sure how I would go about it.
If such a site existed, then you could easily just search for the players among a list of "active ladle participants" in an order of 'how many ladles ago did they play'.

Maybe I will make something; I know I had something similar planned (website to easily manage tournaments - mostly because I detest using the wiki; as useful as it is, it isn't so nice to work with)
Vogue
Match Winner

Post by Vogue »

What came out of the vote, compguygene? Us criminals have a right to appeal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
compguygene
Adjust Outside Corner Grinder

Post by compguygene »

More votes are needed. I am going to post on the relevant teams forums. With the holidays, many people just aren't checking these forums.
As to your right to appeal, there is no right to appeal yet, there may be one, but only if we create the process for that.
Armagetron: It's a video game that people should just play and enjoy :)
https://bit.ly/2KBGYjvCheck out the simple site about TheServerPharm
FluffyBunnyRabbits

Post by FluffyBunnyRabbits »

How do I vote?
Vogue
Match Winner

Post by Vogue »

Only the teams from ladle 88 and further back are allowed to vote, otherwise everyone can make new teams for the sole purpose of voting.
Durf
Match Winner

Post by Durf »

Vogue wrote:Only the teams from ladle 88 and further back are allowed to vote, otherwise everyone can make new teams for the sole purpose of voting.
^ I agree with this.
compguygene
Adjust Outside Corner Grinder

Post by compguygene »

compguygene wrote:As we do not have a process to appeal a Ladle ban, and a request has been made to do so, I am recommending that vote on the following process to create the needed process. As such changes have been voted on in the past, each team that played in the last Ladle will have 1 vote. It is recommended that each team discuss the issue among themselves. The vote will run for a week, or until every team has reported back. At the latest the vote will be resolved on December 31, 2014 at 1800 GMT.

Here is the proposed addition to the Ladle Operations Page on the wiki.

How to appeal a Ladle Ban.

1. The Person Under the Ladle Ban, or a Ladle Enthusiast, would create a forum topic that would state the reason for the appeal. Typical reasons would include but not necessarily be limited to: a defect in the original PM trial, new evidence that would reverse the original decision, evidence of reform, or seeking to prove that the original punishment did not fit the crime.

2. A PM Trial will be made, following the process on the wiki to determine if the appeal has merit enough to be heard.

3. If the PM Trial determines that the appeal should be heard, a public debate of the case will follow, for a period of one week.

4. After the week of debate, another PM trial shall be made to determine the outcome of the appeal.

According to the results from last month's Ladle, the following teams played:
Rogue Tronners
Crazy Tronners
Wild West
eggs and ham
Phoenix
Cubed
Collision
I am sending a pm to the teamleaders of these teams, based on the authority file to alert them to this topic in hopes of a quick response.

Edit.

For the sake of transparancy. Here is a copy of the pm I sent:

Please check out this topic and take this issue to your teams and vote accordingly.

The idea here is to simply create a process to allow the voting on appeal of a ban.

The process is outlined in the topic about.
For those who seem to have not read my original post, I have quoted it here. The teams voting are listed, they are the teams from the last Ladle.
Armagetron: It's a video game that people should just play and enjoy :)
https://bit.ly/2KBGYjvCheck out the simple site about TheServerPharm