Random videos thread

Anything About Anything...
Word
Reverse Adjust Outside Corner Grinder

Re: Random videos thread

Post by Word »

He really says that it was wrong to make Berlusconi step back? And we now know that Greece didn't fulfil all necessary criteria when they became part of the EU (I'm not going to argue if they were dishonest on purpose or not).
Titanoboa
Reverse Outside Corner Grinder

Post by Titanoboa »

Word

Post by Word »

Maybe Mr Farage has read this:

Short guide to lazy EU journalism
Phytotron
Formerly Oscilloscope
Location: A site or situation, especially considered in regard to its surroundings.

Post by Phytotron »

Just make something up about bananas
And so we come full circle back to Page One of this thread. Well done, sir!
sinewav
Graphic Artist

Post by sinewav »

Phytotron wrote:
Just make something up about bananas
And so we come full circle back to Page One of this thread. Well done, sir!
Haha, nice.
syllabear
Shutout Match Winner

Post by syllabear »

The Halley's comet of Armagetron.
ps I'm not tokoyami
Phytotron
Formerly Oscilloscope
Location: A site or situation, especially considered in regard to its surroundings.

Post by Phytotron »

Ever heard of The Woodwright's Shop with Roy Underhill over there? "The most commonly used machine tool on the show is the lathe. The host typically uses a treadle lathe, but has also shown the viewers how to build and operate a spring pole lathe."
Mecca
Match Winner

Post by Mecca »

Phytotron
Formerly Oscilloscope

Post by Phytotron »

Don Cornelius (September 27, 1936 – February 1, 2012).

I can't even connect to the Soul Train website at the moment; must be getting flooded. So, here's this, the only time in its 35 years the man ever got down on the line: Don Cornelius on the Soul Train Line with Mary Wilson; to Fred Wesley and the J.B.'s "Doing it to Death"

So much of the crap a lot of you listen to these days has its origins in, and is poor regurgitations of, the funk and soul music from this period that was showcased on that program. Recognize and appreciate. And remember, you can bet your last money it's all gonna be a stone gas, honey.
theroze
Match Winner

Post by theroze »

For all those who like skyrim:
Skyrim - Badass Walrus "Viking Commentary watch the videos of him as well, they're funny :D
Contains funny language, warning. :P
apparition wrote:You being able to kill so many players that quickly and efficiently is evidence that the community skill level must be dropping... Sad :/
Reigning champion of: Sir-spam-a-lot 2011
Word

Post by Word »

Mkay1
Shutout Match Winner

Post by Mkay1 »

Don't have ability to post YouTube URL in my phone, but search KONY 2012
Phytotron
Formerly Oscilloscope

Post by Phytotron »

That's right, folks, human beings age, and that's what they look like when it happens. I know it's hard to believe if you look at television and movies and pop stars and magazines. But, true fact, normal people's faces don't actually get more stretched and lumpy and plastic and expressionless and strangely alien- or lion-looking as they age. In actual fact, wrinkles form and deepen, skin droops and sags, loss of volume occurs throughout the fact, lips thin, hair grays and is sometimes lost. Wacky, huh? :wink:

Mkay1 wrote:Don't have ability to post YouTube URL in my phone, but search KONY 2012
Lord's Resistance Army. Legacy of Christian missionaries (both Protestant and Catholic) and British Colonialism. "With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion."

UPDATE EDIT, March 8th: Mirror post for posterity's sake, or something:

Invisible Children "KONY 2012" Leader Suggests It's About Jesus, and Evangelizing
This, not only for the report itself, but also for all the resources embedded within and listed at the end of it.

The subject of the Kony 2012 video made it on the PBS News Hour tonight. I couldn't watch the whole segment because of more pressing matters: the ballgame was on. But one thing they noted was this is the most "viral" video to date. This is why we need critical thinking taught in schools. Anyway, here's that segment, if anyone's interested.

UPDATE EDIT, March 13th: Daily Show: My Little Kony - Youth Activism. The "Syria 2012" bit is the high point.
Last edited by Phytotron on Wed Mar 14, 2012 2:56 am, edited 2 times in total.
Word

Post by Word »

The Old Man and The Sea

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W5ih1IRIRxI

Petrov is currently jobless and doesn't get any support by the Russian government so he can't produce any new films. What a waste.
syllabear
Shutout Match Winner

Post by syllabear »

The Halley's comet of Armagetron.
ps I'm not tokoyami