Thirteenth Tronic Ladle!

A place for threads related to tournaments and the like, and things related too.

Moderator: Light

Z-Man
God & Project Admin

Post by Z-Man »

Legit: Well, I would say if your clan leader is doing something that ashames you as a clan member, you have three options:
- suck it up and accept that he is acting as a representative of the clan, and support him to the best of your abilities, proclaiming you, as a clan member, stand firmly behind your leader
- start a revolution and get a new leader
- leave the clan.

Whining about how your clan leader does something you do not which to be involved with is not an option that will score you many points. You're not the USA, and your leader is not Bush :)

On to the report on the involuntary testing of new code on many unsuspecting subjects :) The good news is that the authentication and team management did work well (epsy found a small bug that when you're invited to a team but still spectating and are and moderator, you still hear the enemy /team messages) and didn't cause unforeseen problems. The bad news is that something yet not properly identified caused dramatic FPS drops; I suspect it was the SCORE_HOLE code, causing similar problems to the well known bug on CTF servers. Disabling it did improve the situation in the final. Sorry about that. The code had been in testing for almost two weeks of Fortress Cafe and Bugfarm Elimination and seemed to work fine then.

Oh yeah, and -|x|- won. Gratz!
Rain
Round Winner

Post by Rain »

and they say ladle has nothing to do with life
END OF LINE
freako
Core Dumper

Post by freako »

@rain Could there be a new rule added, against foul/abusive/harrasive language?

I'm actually getting a bit annoyed by what people say in the servers, and I dont think silencing will solve it.

Only if we could get a rule for that, who will check it? and give punishments?
Legit
On Lightcycle Grid

Post by Legit »

Freako ur the most whiney little bitch ever dude, how can silenceing not solve it? You wouldnt be able to see what i said, so whats the problem? Or do just love me enuff to hear me?? And Z-Man im fine the way I am, if i wanted to leave i woulda left and u dont need to give me options becus they mean nothing.
Lackadaisical
Shutout Match Winner

Post by Lackadaisical »

Congrats to x!

And kudos to 1200 for getting a team up with a lot of 'new' (ladle-wise) players who actually showed up. When I saw that an unknown team signed up I expected a one-man-army a la UCF or Matado Core, but we were actually outnumbered ;)
Z-Man
God & Project Admin

Post by Z-Man »

freako: silencing worked well with Legit :)

Legit: so, you chose to stand behind your clan leader? Fine by me.
Concord
Reverse Outside Corner Grinder

Post by Concord »

When's 14?
DDMJ

Post by DDMJ »

Rain wrote:and they say ladle has nothing to do with life
life is like a bowl of soup?
kyle
Location: Indiana, USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe, Multiverse

Post by kyle »

Could someone please update the wiki page so that it correctly shows the outcomes of the matches.

in the table
Combine was not a team and should be changed to a ~bye~

therefor their result should be changed to a ~bye~

at the begining
also Team 7 is... [[combine < hmmm thought the rule stated no changes after 12 GMT ]]

that should be changed to Team 7 is...

oh and add the score for TR vs |x| (i don't know that one)
kyle

Post by kyle »

My bad on that change i did not realize that combine was an actual team

after reading this topic i have concluded that Your mom should not have banned me. Rico did not change his back where i did change mine back in 3 minutes without anyone asking me to.
Rain wrote:Actual page presents CT as "**** Teasers". It has been edited this way by Alex. I ask Alex to change it back immediatly. Otherwise I ask wiki administrators to warn him that is actually spam and users who spammed have been blocked there.
http://wiki.armagetronad.net/index.php? ... enge_Board

Rain wrote:
Flex wrote:Kyle (from CT) done "|x| ****ers" which provoked Alex from doing that. If anything, warning Kyle for provoking Alex should be considered first.
http://wiki.armagetronad.net/index.php? ... ldid=20903
In this case my request goes to both.
Compleatly different situation I corected mine imdeietly where rico was warned and did nothing

I changed mine back imediatly
http://wiki.armagetronad.net/index.php? ... ldid=20903

Alex on the other hand did not change his back owned changed it back
http://wiki.armagetronad.net/index.php? ... ldid=20911
Your_mom wrote:For now both alex and kyle have a three month temp ban. I don't care who started it, they should have reverted the edits and waited (or asked) for an admin to step in and take proper actions. If you think my actions where too harsh(lenient) on one of them or both of them, post here or on the wiki subforum. If i missed anything feel free to comment.

Hopefully we can keep this civilized.
why should i be punished when i corrected mine unlike rico? Different situation than what Rain initially thought.
Legionnaire

Post by Legionnaire »

3 Month ban for just editing "|x|ylophones", seriously? LOL

Someone can take a joke.
Infamous
Average Program

Post by Infamous »

Z-Man wrote:Legit: Well, I would say if your clan leader is doing something that ashames you as a clan member, you have three options:
- suck it up and accept that he is acting as a representative of the clan, and support him to the best of your abilities, proclaiming you, as a clan member, stand firmly behind your leader
- start a revolution and get a new leader
- leave the clan.
we don't really have a leader tbh. we're very democratic. though alex does a lot, his word isn't the law, he couldn't just recruit/kick members for example.

we have given him a slap on the wrists and thats that. let's just forget about the wiki gayness ay?

the behaviour of certain Xers during the ladle was a bit more excusable imo. spirits were high, we felt like we had a good chance to win (and did) so some people may have been a bit more jovial than normal.

it's only a game...... :lol:
Homer: Uh...it's like...did anyone see the movie "Tron"?
Dr. Hibbert: No.
Lisa: No.
Marge: No.
Wiggum: No.
Bart: No.
Patty: No.
Wiggum: No.
Ned: No.
Selma: No.
Prof. Frink: No.
Rev. Lovejoy: No.
Wiggum: Yes. I mean -- um, I mean, no. No, heh.
Ricochet
Round Winner

Post by Ricochet »

kyle: I changed yours back, so stfu. By the time I saw rains post about warning me, someone had already removed what I wrote.

legio: it was owned who wrote that, which epsy then changed back.
Z-Man
God & Project Admin

Post by Z-Man »

Infamous: ah. Don't mind me then, I'm just trolling :)
kyle

Post by kyle »

Ricochet wrote:kyle: I changed yours back, so stfu. By the time I saw rains post about warning me, someone had already removed what I wrote.
LIES well sort of We both changed it you just submitted it quicker.